Customer Support Specialist- West Coast
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures. Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. The company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day interactions with our customers. The ideal candidate for this role is on the West Coast as this role will be responsible for covering standard Pacific Coast business hours.
Responsibilities of Customer Support Specialist
- Advance iSpecimen’s purpose of unlocking global research resource by supporting and contributing to iSpecimen’s product quality and excellent customer support. Provide prompt and expert technical support and guidance to customers over both phone and email and facilitate cross-functional activities to resolve issues and continuously inform and improve internal processes.
- Responsible for overall Customer Success; serve as a technical product sales and customer support contact for inquiries pertaining to all iSpecimen products and iSpecimen Marketplace
- Respond to support inquiries from world-wide commercial and piloting customers
- Support Sales team efforts in acquiring new customers
- Monitor customer accounts to ensure highest standard or service
- Collaborate with development teams to support new products and features
- Contribute to the development of key initiatives to improve business processes and customer delivery.
- Assist in creating training videos and/or technical documentation to provide customer support for utilization of the iSpecimen Marketplace and to promote increased utilization and drive interest at the customer level.
- Handle incoming product quality complaints, including requests for more data, returns and replacements, project status requests etc.
- Utilize iSpecimen’s QMS to document customer feedback on iSpecimen products, support root cause analysis of the issue, implementation of corrective and preventive actions as needed and provide clients with the proper resolution.
- Continually evaluate and provide support infrastructure and workflows to provide the best and most efficient customer support and also facilitate the reporting of key metrics
- Inform the company’s strategic customer support activities, policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of Customer Support Specialist
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing support role
- Bachelors degree in medical laboratory science/life sciences; equivalent combination of experience and education considered
- Broad knowledge of product development workflows preferred
- Broad knowledge clinical pathology specimens, clinical research and related tests preferred
- Exceptional computer skills, including intermediate mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with using Salesforce and Salesforce configuration highly preferred
- Great interpersonal skills. enjoys collaborating with others
- Self-starter who likes to get things done and has an appetite for continuous learning
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, think creatively and come up with new, valuable approaches, positive outlook, thrives at continuous improvements always wanting to do better.
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include, but are not limited to: 10 paid holidays per year; paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- customer support: 5 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations