Securitize is the global fintech that’s creating real-time access for investors to invest and trade in the private markets, and in turn, for companies to raise the capital they need to grow. Recognized as a top 50 blockchain company, we are the industry-leading and the first end-to-end digital securities issuance and compliance platform operating on the blockchain.
We just received $48m in Series B from Wall Street & venture capital funding from top investors to aggressively expand our teams across New York, Miami, San Francisco, and remote offices. We are a global team made up of top blockchain and financial industry talent based around the world, based in Tel Aviv, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, New York, and San Francisco. We’re backed by leading financial institutions and blockchain investors, including Blockchain Capital, Sony Financial, Santander, and Coinbase.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Capital Markets to spearhead all initiatives related to our capital markets and asset management vertical. This person will lead the ongoing development of alternative investment solutions focused on cryptocurrency, oversee the management of the fund(s), coordinate with our operations & customer success teams and inside/outside counsel in all operational and structural aspects, assist the marketing team in creating relevant content, and execute on a distribution strategy aimed at raising capital for our funds through individual accredited investors as well as in the IBD, RIA, Wirehouse, and other institutional channels.
Location: This is role is a remote hire only,
- Work closely with senior and executive leadership, cross-functional teams including Transfer Agent & Broker Dealer Ops/Customer Success, inside/outside counsel, external service providers including fund administrators and auditors, and other relevant strategic partners.
- Create and implement a cohesive financial product distribution strategy aimed at driving capital into Securitize Capital funds with a focus on individual accredited investors as well as IBD, RIA, Wirehouse, and other institutional channels.
- Oversee all portfolio and risk management functions for Securitize Capital funds
- Assist Sales and Marketing with content creation and in analyzing data and analytics derived from marketing and platform activity as well as third party data sources, where applicable, for the purposes of segmenting and targeting prospects and producers in driving a positive outcome in capital markets/sales/marketing initiatives, especially as applicable to the funds’ capital raises.
- Coordinate initiatives related to registering as an Investment Advisor, including ongoing reporting, compliance, and operations functions.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Develop and manage the budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other product and program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple and relevant projects across all business lines.
- Analyze, evaluate, and manage portfolio and market risks and opportunities; produce program reports for management, shareholders, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication between relevant teams
- 7+ years of capital markets experience, financial product distribution; wholesaling, and/or national accounts experience with deep knowledge of and connections in the IBD, RIA, Wirehouse, and/or other institutional channels a plus
- 3+ years in asset management; proven track record in managing portfolios with experience in traditional asset classes as well as with cryptocurrency and DeFi strategies
- Deep knowledge of traditional market infrastructure, cryptocurrency market infrastructure, primary market offering structures, and liquidity event structures, particularly secondary market listings
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team-player and self-starter with a bias for action; can make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate high-level management and leadership skills
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Demonstrate conflict resolution and problem-solving skills