The Sales Representative is responsible for leading sales and customer service activities along with support on marketing initiatives. This role is responsible for driving the on-going expansion of market share and profitability, while ensuring that customer service issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct retail store or B2B visits to inform budtenders or key-decision makers about Atlas products and generate demand at the retail level.
- Establish Atlas and Natural History as a first-choice product
- Develop good relationships with retail managers, buyers and owners to further promote Atlas products within retail stores.
- Provide product education to retailers
- Demonstrate a high level of cannabis knowledge and curate experiences that go above and beyond expectations
- Work towards annual sales, profit, KPI and performance-based objectives for the region on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Participate in community events and act as a strong brand ambassador inside/outside the store
- Support with inventory management and ensure retailers have access to appropriate stock to drive sales
- Work with operations to ensure customer demands and market trends are adapted to
- Adhere to all company training and operational standards and procedures (education, merchandising, cleanliness, security, checklists etc.)
- Adhering to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation
- Assist in marketing initiatives
- Maintain all customer interactions and meetings in Atlas’ CRM tool
- Network extensively for leads through business groups and develop relationships
- Conduct regular account reviews to ensure that activity aligns to a master sales plan of advertising, merchandising, promotion and sales training programs to enhance Atlas’ market share and profitability in each key account
- Review sales pricing and create sales catalogue proposals for independent accounts
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while driving multiple competing priorities
- Results oriented with “roll-up-the-sleeves attitude” and proven ability to plan and execute
- Highly collaborative; great facilitator; leads by example and inspires others to action
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- 2+ years of experience in a sales or marketing-focused role
- SellSafe certificate
- Minimum age 18 years old
- A valid driver’s license and maintain own transportation for business use
- Clean drivers’ abstract and Police Information Check
- Ability to travel
- Strong ability to work remotely while engaging with teams across different mediums
- Having worker security verification status an asset
- Experience in the cannabis, pharmaceutical, alcohol or tobacco industry is preferred
- Familiarity using CRM software, specifically SalesForce
- Proven track record in achieving sales quotas and KPI’s within retail stores while maintaining a positive customer relation that builds loyalty and delivers results.
- Previous success in growing brand awareness within a given territory
- Passionate about cannabis
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlas Growers seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and indigenous peoples).