It's an exciting time at Metrohm USA!
We are the North American division of world-renown Metrohm AG (Herisau, Switzerland), an industry leader in laboratory instruments and accessories for analytical testing/research. We are looking for an entry level Inside Sales Specialist at our southern California office in Fountain Valley.
This is your chance to be a part of a dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
The Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for attracting new customers and driving revenue growth within the U.S. market. Primarily interacting with a CRM system, the Inside Sales Specialist will connect leads with opportunities and drive customer interactions with the outside sales team. The Specialist will ensure a positive Metrohm experience and will help, along with Sales Operations, to drive the evolution of this new Metrohm sales function. The Inside Sales Specialist will grow the business through opportunity generation, shortening the sales cycle, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
This is an office-based position located in our Fountain Valley, CA office.
- Make initial contact to qualify sales leads based on information gathered from trade shows, marketing campaigns, and telephone inquiries.
- Solicit leads from current and prospective customers to generate orders.
- Utilize social media and other web content to find potential customers.
- Pass qualified leads and facilitate in-person meetings to Outside Sales representatives once opportunity is identified.
- Follow up on and maintain obsolescence and competitive installation base to capture opportunity.
- Identify additional customer needs to include expanded product and or potential service needs.
- Promote brand awareness of Metrohm and our technologies.
- Attend tradeshows and exhibits to promote our products.
- Act as a liaison for customer visits and demos at the Fountain Valley, CA location
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
- Early stage/proactive prospecting – Focuses on a data set primarily consisting of accounts not currently in our database, including obsoletes, and customers in under-developed markets.
- Promotes brand awareness of Metrohm and our technologies. Dedicated regional connection with our customers which expands the Metrohm Presence.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
- Profile CRM contacts for increased marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Update installation base of CRM contacts for future opportunities.
- Aid in CRM cleanliness to promote efficiency of use by marketing and sales personnel.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to create an expedient sale cycle and increase revenue generation.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent preferred; OR a minimum of two (2) years of industry‐related sales experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of experience in inside sales preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others
- Ability to prospect sales leads and develop rapport with potential customers
- Experience with CRM preferred
- Familiar with analytical instrumentation preferred
- Previous sales training (Miller Heiman – PSS and SS) preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- One location