To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
If you're looking to thrive in an environment where you're always thinking big-picture holistic views of difficult situations, making tough decisions under pressure, and motivated to collaborate internally and externally; then our team is for you!
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is seeking a Principal Support Engineer to join Support team. This position is for someone who is highly motivated, technically sound, and has a desire to work on a cloud based eCommerce platform. Our team presents confidence to our customers during their most complicated moments.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily craft, implement and lead their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and coordinated Commerce Cloud platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic.
- Responsible for providing developer support to users
- Drive sophisticated, high-profile, customer technical issues
- Master and become a technical SME for Commerce Cloud within the Support organization
- Conduct detailed and complete triage of Comm defects before assignment to product scrum teams
- Diagnose performance and scalability issues using code-debugging tools and various diagnostic/monitoring tools (Grafana, AppDynamics, Argus, Splunk, etc)
- Supports and contributes to the growth of standard methodologies for delivery of Salesforce Commerce Cloud support services
- Understand Salesforce Commerce Cloud technologies and solving practices to ensure successful resolution of Salesforce Commerce Cloud product issues
- Mentor, guide, and help grow a team of junior engineers, assist with process and product questions.Serve as product enablement team leader for various product features
- Contribute to the definition and evolution of Salesforce Commerce Cloud methodologies, standards and best practices for support and product delivery
- Represent support organization during multi-functional projects and serve as the voice of customer advocate
- Review and build a Knowledge base
- Provide on-call weekend support on rotating basis
- 10+ years development experience in eCommerce or Java technologies (Web based products or eCommerce preferred)
- Expert troubleshooting/root cause isolation skills
- Detailed understanding of REST API implementation and support
- Creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills are critical
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, perform effectively under pressure in fast paced conditions
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and drive client and partner engagements to success without supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to both highly technical and business / executive level
- Strong understanding of web based server-side technologies; including full-stack troubleshooting across Application, Web and Database layers
- Experience providing web development support is highly desirable, expertise with development IDE’s such as Eclipse.
- Familiarity with support practices such as case, knowledge base, defect and customer concern management.
- Experience supporting enterprise network infrastructure, i.e, DNS, Load Balancers, IP addressing, Routing and CDN
- Experience providing SaaS support is required
- College degree in Computer Science or a related field of study strongly preferred
Ideal candidates will have strong experience in several of the following:
- Debugging Java code in enterprise environments
- Analyzing Java heap and thread dumps
- Analyzing network traces (wireshark, tcpdump)
- Performance and scalability analysis (profiling techniques, identifying software/platform bottlenecks)
- SQL and NoSQL in concept and practice
- Experience providing web-development, SaaS/PaaS/cloud or API support
- Experience supporting e-commerce applications with catalog, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Experience with backend integration with OMS/ERP systems
- Familiarity with one or more current client-side web frameworks (AngularJS, React, Ember, Backbone)
- Bonus for vendor-specific knowledge in the following ecommerce suites and related technologies:
- Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Adobe and Oracle eCommerce
- MongoDB, Apache, Oracle, Tomcat, nginx, AppDynamics, and/or Cloudflare
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.