SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sales Engineer is a technical liaison between Sales, Quote Engineering, Operations and Customer technical teams, focused on developing technical solutions for potential new projects. Providing technical recommendations, this role is an extension of the sales team driving collaboration opportunities and quoting products for the prototype team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide technical design for manufacturability reviews with customer technical teams, focusing on driving new revenue opportunities by optimizing product costs & quality.
- Develop quotes for prototype parts and design tooling as required to support daily activity.
- Assist in value engineering and part consolidation efforts for targeted customers.
- Assist in part design for specific customer applications through direct interaction with customer technical and purchasing functions.
- Assist in the management of major projects through engineering and manufacturing development.
- Develop pricing strategies based on customer requirements and information provided by Market Management.
- Communicate customer design requirements and lessons learned with internal, downstream members of the organization, design engineering, tool engineering & operations.
- Maintain continuous communication with customers & business development managers, support account strategies and top departmental goals.
- Other duties as assigned or required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Associate degree in Industrial Manufacturing or similar technical field, or related on-the-job experience.
- Minimum of one year of quoting similar manufacturing processes and five years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of post-manufacturing operations preferred (plating, painting, heat treat, etc.)
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of product cost structure & Micro Estimating or similar quoting tools
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software, SolidWorks preferred
- Ability to read blueprints, GD&T, working knowledge of material types and properties
Job Type: Full-time