We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our San Diego Office!
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility, or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant…ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Under the supervision of the Sales Manager, with indirect supervision and daily instruction from an assigned Project Manager(s), this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Assist Project Manager with take-off, estimating, change directive pricing, job cost forecasting, billings, close-out documentation, prospecting, and new bid support.
- Assist Project Manager in writing proposals, letters, memos, subcontracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project execution.
- Assist Project Manager with managing internal department relationships (i.e. accounting, purchasing, engineering, construction, fabrication shops, legal, etc.).
- Survey existing buildings (for retrofits), identify opportunities for improvement and gather necessary data regarding energy use, building functions, utility capacity, and structural characteristics.
- Complete preliminary designs for comprehensive budget/price development.
- Utilize ACCO standard Engineering technologies, provide technical support for the construction effort including participating in the planning and design; interpretation of the design; value engineering and alternate solution reviews, etc.
- Collaborates with Purchasing Department regarding scope, price, submittals, and delivery for purchased items. Coordinate installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
- Manage job progress onsite as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational and installation challenges.
- Oversee and/or process daily administrative items (i.e., Document Control, RFIs, Dailies, POs, MOPs, submittals, procurement logs, etc.) per the Project Manager’s direction.
- Coordinate project personnel activities to ensure the project progresses on schedule and on budget. Plan the work, track labor, track material and deliveries, project cost at completion.
- Escalate potential problems and assist the Sr. Project Manager in driving the solutions to their complete resolution.
- Collaborate with our Purchasing department regarding price, specification, and delivery of purchased items.
- Maintain, develop and grow viable relationships with customers, prime contractors, trade partners, subcontractors, suppliers, and trade personnel by:
- Attending job kick-off, job progress, foreman, and OAC meetings.
- Interface with installers, suppliers, and subcontractors to provide information, direction, and detailed instructions.
- Managing subcontractors to meet our expectations of the project.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor and/or upper management.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Engineering; Construction Management, or related field. Concentration in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, or
- 3-5 years of industry experience or a combination of experience and education
- High sense of integrity, business ethics & professionalism
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency and proven success in interpersonal relationship-building skills and positive customer service interactions.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen and follow directions.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job walks and site inspections).
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets and shelves.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture- We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs – Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.