The Direct Sales Representative will be responsible for the overall achievement of company sales objectives in the car wash equipment industry by maintaining the existing customer base via chemical sales, service business, new equipment sales, and expanding into new accounts in the market.
- Serve as primary contact, sought after expert and customer advocate both internal and external for assigned and new accounts
- Be an expert in the car wash industry and on all Mark VII/WashTec product offerings
- Resolve issues and billing questions with Mark VII service and customer support departments
- Perform site analyses, create business cases and presentations, and manage metrics and reporting for key accounts to increase business for Mark VII
- Create and maintain a knowledge base of relevant information on products, the market and the competition for sharing with accounts
Experience and Education Competency Requirements
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years in capital equipment sales with a proven track record of success
- Significant Experience cold calling, prospecting, and closing sales.
- Strong knowledge of business plans, budgeting and developing strategies for market penetration.
- Established relationships in the convenience store and retail petroleum marketplace.
- Understanding of financial reports, including contribution margins, profit and loss statements, budgeting and return on investment calculations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is a must.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint) and
Behaviors/Work Environment/Physical Requirements
All Mark VII Equipment employees and stakeholders must have uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
Accountability and Reliability. Our employees must work reliably under pressure to keep on task and meet deadlines.
Passionate, Energetic, and Enthusiastic. Our employees possess a high energy level, focusing on execution with measurable results. We exhibit a “can-do attitude” to maintain enthusiasm and provide encouragement by our demeanor.
Strong Work Ethic. Our employees are fully committed and willing to do whatever it takes to drive the team and company brand into the future. Work/life balance is encouraged at Mark VII Equipment with the expectation that team members give 110% effort on the job. Mark VII Equipment is a fast-paced environment and it is critical that our employees are driven to succeed.
Customer Focused. Our employees keep the customer as their main focus while executing the daily responsibilities of their job.
Supportive. Our employees possess emotional intelligence and common sense to support team members and appreciate the value of our culture, company, and brand.
Physical. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch and use hands to grip regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a computer.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined.
Personal Competencies: Extreme attention to detail and accuracy. Must be flexible to work days, nights or weekends if necessary. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet be flexible and have ability to work in a team environment.
Safety: Must adhere to all safety rules, policies and regulations in relationship to OSHA and Mark VII Equipment standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- On the road