Regional Sales Manager
We are looking for a talented Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our company and be part of a winning team to grow your career in the Orthopedic industry. The Regional Sales Manager will ensure established goals and objectives, sales quotas, and targets are achieved. The RSM is responsible for recruiting, training, supporting, and motivating a team of 10 to 15 sales representatives, aligning sales territory efforts with the company's sales plan.
This position reports to the Director of Sales.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of DME products to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue expectations within the assigned territory.
- Manage and direct sales representatives' activities and provide support and direction to ensure revenue growth expectations are met in each assigned territory.
- Work with the Director of Sales to establish monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives for each territory to support our strategic sales plan.
- Work with the Director of Sales to determine effective channel, distribution, and territory strategy in the assigned territory, using analytics to determine sales potential and growth expectation.
- Actively support key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities in the territory.
- Work with sales representatives and internal resources to ensure customer pricing and discounts are consistent with the company's policies and guidelines.
- Execute specific objectives of the strategic sales plan within all territories.
- Manage and track key activities and CRM opportunities to ensure all sales representatives are consistently, routinely, and accurately updating information in their territory.
- Ensure all product inventory, samples, are effectively deployed and utilized to provide an acceptable ROI for each account, event, or location where they're placed.
- Participate in conventions, professional exhibitions, and training courses to promote the company's products and brand.
- Work with the Director of Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Product Management to utilize sales data, market analysis, and competitive information to establish target customer strategies.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and other executive and sales team members to advance key business opportunities in each territory and specific prospective or existing accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring customer issues are fully resolved, including escalation to executive management or other key internal resources when appropriate.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, or quarterly sales meetings with the sales team to ensure the sales plan's alignment and execution.
- Work directly with sales representatives in their defined territory, visiting customers and prospective customers to promote company products and build brand loyalty.
- Provide the Director of Sales a detailed and accurate sales forecast for the assigned territory and manage territory spending to achieve the sales budget.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitive activity and provide feedback to the Director of Sales and executive management.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a sales representative or business unit manager selling in orthopedics, rehabilitation, or O&P channel.
- Prior sales management experience in the orthopedic, rehabilitation, or orthotic industry.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling orthopedic bracing products, including sales techniques and sales control systems
- Knowledge of Medicare and insurance reimbursements and billing codes for orthopedic bracing.
- Functional knowledge of CRM, data management, presentation, and communication software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of customers, competitors, and orthopedic market conditions within the assigned territory is preferred but not required.
- Core competencies requirements for this position are identified in the Core Competency Checklist Form
F1801B and evaluated beginning on the date of hire. Core competency will be verified after all job functions and evaluation requirements are completed.
Working Conditions & Requirements
The RSM primarily works in a home office environment and frequently travels (routinely 10-12 days per month).
Duties involve occasional visits to corporate headquarters or annual national or regional sales meetings and travel every month to work with representatives in their territories. Occasional travel is required to support state or national conventions.
The RSM must maintain a driver's license, a car in safe and functional condition, and insurance on this vehicle.
Loss or suspension of their driver's license could result in loss of employment unless the company approves suitable alternative transportation at no expense or compromise.
According to published company policies, the RSM must pass pre-employment and/or random drug/alcohol testing that the company can order. Any refusal to submit to a test, or failure of a test, could result in disciplinary action, including potential termination.
In a typical work-day, the employee must stand, sit, and walk (70-100%); occasionally lift to 25 pounds; squat, kneel, reach above shoulder level, and lift from high/low position; bend, push, or pull. Regular use of hands required for simple grasping, pushing, pulling, or typing.
Manages and directs employed personnel, as well as supports independent contractors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their activities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities following the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include safety, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This job description summarizes the typical functions of the job and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- If you are a member, please list your Linkedin address on your resume
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- sales or manager selling orthopedics, rehabilitation: 5 years (Preferred)
- sales management in orthotic industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Medicare, insurance reimbursements: 3 years (Preferred)
- CRM, data management, software: 2 years (Preferred)
- managing a sales team: 3 years (Preferred)
- Medicar billing codes for orthopedic bracing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- On the road