The Associate Relationship Manager (ARM) is located in the CMB Northern California regional office and reports to the Regional Team Leader.
The ARM is expected to assist the Global Relationship Managers in retaining and growing CMB customer relationships, adhering to the Group values, business strategy, operational policies, regulatory requirements and risk management practices. The ARM will also take responsibility for dealing with all aspects of New To Bank credit applications and global onboarding, internal and external relationship reviews, working on ad hoc projects including (but not limited to): sales pitches, BDM/product co-ordination, prospect research and calling, sector analysis, client portfolio reporting and others as required.
The ARM is also expected to be an integral part of the corporate banking team enabling the team to deliver the optimum contribution towards the CMB Annual Operating Plan (AOP), improve client engagement, maximize operational efficiency and allow for the maximum amount of client engagement. The ARM will be expected to prepare concise call reports, research and analyze client, industry and competitor financial and macro-economic data, conduct supplier / buyer analysis and be an active participant in client due-diligence calls. In addition, the role holder will be expected to represent the bank at client meetings, introduce product partners, coordinate the application process, and work closely with internal stakeholders on credit or product onboarding process, systems updating KYC and documentation.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Please apply if you have:
- Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors.
- Have used bank systems (such as HORIS, Client Vision, SFE) as well as associated reporting and complex MI.
- Experience in a client focused environment with a demonstrated understanding of commercial lending and credit risk assessment.
- Experience of working within in a global environment and with international clients.
- Experience with comprehensive company and market research along with tools and systems used in this analysis (i.e. CapIQ, Pitchbook, RelPro, D&B, LinkedIn).
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Broad knowledge of Corporate Banking and Markets (and particularly HSBC) structures, products and services
- Interest in the the changing economic, social and governmental environments in countries around the world.
- Knowledge of international business
- Knowledge of CRM systems, transaction structuring/profitability analysis
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a client-focused environment with a demonstrated understanding of Corporate Banking
- Credit training /underwriting experience
- Client-facing experience
- Appreciation of working in a global environment
- Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of cooperation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Analytical and financial skills
- Good prioritizing, organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to make decisions
- Good verbal and written communications skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veterans.