Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Lead and manage the Americas Sales organization including the Area Vice Presidents, independent Distributor Organizations, Strategic Corporate Accounts, and Sales Operations to achieve sales goals. Translates corporate strategic objectives into specific and actionable plans, objectives, and initiatives that deliver market share gains and consistent above market growth rates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides on-going leadership and development for AVP’s and distributors in the establishment and evaluation of a strategic operating plan to meet or exceed quota across all assigned product lines in the Americas.
- Establishes close relationships with surgeons, hospital executives, and professional societies while leveraging those relationships to strengthen Zimmer Biomet’s image, competitive position, and performance.
- Attainment of Sales Revenue, Margin, and Profit targets.
- Overall coordination, functional management, and leadership of Americas sales channels and activities
- Development and execution of annual strategic plan and operating plan in coordination with company’s long term strategic plan.
- Recruitment, hiring, retention, and management of staff.
- Ensure appropriate sales, product, service, and leadership training is executed and meets evolving customer and industry trends.
- Coordination with local and global marketing teams to ensure effective and appropriate product and promotional mix.
- Oversight and approval of sales transactions and related policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage relationships with cross functional teams (HR, Compliance, Ops, Finance, Regulatory, Education, Marketing) to achieve annual and long term business objectives.
- Effective management and efficient use of company resources.
- Develop and host annual sales meeting (with organizational support) § Corporate liaison to key customers.
- The GM US Sales is expected to be knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Must possess strong leadership skill sets commensurate with experience
- Extensive experience supervising and managing direct and/or independent sales representatives and managers
- Demonstrated skill in successfully achieving sales targets while operating within budgetary constraints
- In-depth understanding of customers and their requirements, negotiating skills, and ability to mobilize internal resources not in direct line of authority.
- Demonstrated ability to get results in complex, possibly adverse conditions
- Demonstrated ability to build a team and develop a high performance organization.
- Keen understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics and competitive issues/product.
- Proficiency in strategic plan implementation.
- Must possess the ability to articulate and develop professional relationships with surgeons, hospital staff and the medical community in general.
- Effective communicator with logical, organized and tactical verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability in identifying and providing solutions to complex market dynamics
- Strong Financial Acumen, Business Acumen, and Independent Judgment
- Sales Management, Sales Methodology, Sales Process
- Effectively build and leverage internal and external relationships
- Fosters continuous individual development to build management depth and further enhance the technical and managerial skills of individuals through modeling accountability, formal training, mentoring and other experiences
- Establishes and communicates Business Strategy
- Determines annual Budget to efficiently drive growth
- Ability to interpret and apply Health Care Compliance Guidelines to all sales and marketing activities
- Establishes a positive work environment where team members are motivated and empowered to make decisions
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Sales, Marketing or related technical area required.
- An MBA is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in sales leadership capacity required including leading Strategic Corporate Accounts and Sales Operations.
- Up to 60%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
As a Zimmer Biomet team member, you will share in our commitment to providing mobility and renewed life to people around the world. This is why we offer you a competitive rewards package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness incentives, employee assistance programs as well as paid time off for vacation and holidays.
Compensation Range: $240,000-$280,000