This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
- 15 years of experience in sales, operations, and partner management in a digital advertising or e-commerce strategy, sales, agency, or consulting role.
- 8 years of experience managing a sales team.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- MBA degree.
- Experience with digital advertising or e-commerce as a sales manager with ownership over team operations (portfolio management, team building, key performance indicator measurement, execution, etc.).
- Ability to develop actionable insights to gain opportunities and make trade-offs in decision making.
- Ability to develop and deliver business strategies and relationships to drive sustainable business outcomes in the short- and long-term.
- Excellent thought leadership skills, with the ability to influence all levels.
- Analytical skills to assess performance.
About the job
Google Customer Solutions Sales teams are trusted advisors who maintain a focus on customer success by bringing the best Google has to offer. As Head of E-Commerce, you will manage customer relationships and lead the business engagement with advertisers in the market. You will enable your team to reach for excellent performance goals.
You and your team will work with a wide variety of advertisers delivering the optimal advertising solution for every partner and their customers. Engaging with decision-makers at advertisers, you will set the vision and the strategy for how they can grow and transform their business. You will partner with our internal stakeholders to define our market strategies and accelerate customer success in the region.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Recruit, retain, and develop a team of people managers, account development managers, and account strategists. Coach the team and help them engage with stakeholders at advertisers.
- Own and cultivate account relationships through executive-level meetings, quarterly reviews, and speaking engagements.
- Build and actively manage an effective long-term account planning process.
- Help to define the future of business management and develop the necessary infrastructure and processes. Initiate and run strategic initiatives to further develop new and existing Google Customer Solution Mid-Market businesses.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration and alignment with key partner teams and account teams.