Hillrom is a $2.9B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions.
The Clinical Sales Account Manager drives the generation of Hillrom Rental Therapy and Safe Patient Handling product sales. In collaboration with the Account Executive and specialty sales partners, develop and implement sales strategies that deliver comprehensive solutions to customers within the assigned territory or account base. Establish and maintain strong business relationships and high levels of satisfaction with prospective and existing customers. Deliver on Early Sense renewal contracts and Watchcare SmartPad contracts and utilization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive overall revenue attainment across assigned accounts: Develop and implement sales strategies that deliver comprehensive solutions to customers within the assigned territory or account base to capture new accounts and enhance performance in existing accounts. Conduct negotiations with customers to finalize sales. Demonstrate an effective understanding of competitive action in the assigned territory and develop plans to address problem areas and customer needs. Achieve product revenue goals. Ensure new product success to include Rental, Safe Patient Handling, Early Sense renewal contracts, and Watchcare Smartpad agreements and pad utilization.
- Collaborate with internal sales and service partners to seamlessly serve shared accounts: Maintain highly effective communications with capital, service, and specialty sales partners. Coordinate specialist and service resources involvement within assigned accounts. Provide local support for Enterprise Accounts Team initiatives across major IDNs.
- Coordinate customer sales support activities across assigned accounts: Lead customer business reviews and collect evidence-based outcomes data associated with the assigned portfolio. Coordinate Customer Experience Center and Service Center visits as appropriate. Participate with inventory or clinical surveys where applicable. Utilize clinical outcomes tools like IPIP to support customer clinical initiatives.
- Ensure post sales customer satisfaction and maximize perceived ROI: Maintain customer profiles as a matter of routine. Provide product training and follow-up to ensure customers are satisfied and realizing the intended benefits of the partnership with Hillrom.
- Maintain industry and product knowledge: Stay abreast of current healthcare trends and technology. Confidently articulate the economic benefit for the hospital, detailed functionality, and benefit offering of each product line, how each product is best applied to meet emergent customer needs, and the benefits products will provide to both the patient and caregivers.
- Information management: Accurately forecast accounts, including close dates, order volume, and delivery timeframe. Record activities and contacts within SalesForce.com and iAchieve application and ensure that all information remains current and provides enough detail to be useful.
- Travel as required to manage assigned territory and to attend regional/national meetings.
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Please click https://wwwdol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdfto view the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement. Hillrom provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
UNIQUE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Effective influencing skills –ability to understand the needs of, and influence, personnel ranging from nurses to C-level decision makers
- Strong analytical skills - able to effectively track sales activity, develop sales plans, understand local market and competitive trends, and complete the analysis of sales deals
- Strong business acumen – able to understand customer economic drivers, structure sales deals, reach pivotal agreements within the sales cycle
- Effective planning/organizational skills
- Excellent formal presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong strategic thinker
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Application
- Adaptable and flexible
- Variable travel up to 40% - 75%
- Due to the nature of an outside sales representative position, the ability to drive a car, travel in that car up to 75% of each day, and interact with healthcare providers on site is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS, BA degree from a 4 year, accredited university required
- At least 3 years of experience selling products in the healthcare field; capital/durable medical equipment solutions selling preferred or 3 years of Hospital leadership experience to include managing staff, managing budgets, and presenting innovative ideas to executive level healthcare stakeholders
- Travel to and from customer sites including driving
The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation. Please refer to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.