We want you to be part of our new kind of financial institution
Rapport Credit Union is a new kind of financial institution. Unlike the big banks, we spend the time required to get to know our members because they’re more than just customers to us. We serve over 17,000 members at 10 branch locations, with close to 80 employees and approximately $313 million in assets under administration.
Rapport Credit Union is owned by our members, and we provide a full range of banking services, from savings and chequing accounts to loans and mortgages to financial planning and investment management. All at very competitive rates and backed by knowledgeable, helpful staff who pledge to put you first.
Senior Personal Account Manager
The Senior Personal Account Manager (SPAM) will proactively establish, develop and maintain strong member relationships through regular contact and the concept of relationship building to expand member relations and provide the appropriate advice and recommendations to fit their financial needs. By maintaining advanced knowledge of Rapport’s products and services, policies and procedures, the SPAM will promote a wide range of financial services and will build and actively seek further potential business opportunities within the community.
· Promotes a full range of personal banking products and services with emphasis on personal loans, mortgages, lines of credits, deposit and investments products and other Rapport day-to-day services.
· Proactively engage with new and existing members to build strong, ongoing relationships, provide comprehensive advice and recommend solutions enabling our members to become financially healthy.
· Build internal and external networks and implement an effective prospecting strategy to capitalize on business opportunities and attract new business.
· Participates, supports and/or promotes business development activities by being active within the community and through sales excellence, actively solicits membership growth opportunities; some travel throughout the community will be required.
· Provides investment advice and identifies the appropriate solution including registered and non-registered term deposits that fit and meet the members’ needs. Identify alternative investment and financial planning opportunities and refer to Rapport Wealth as required.
· Maintains advanced knowledge of all Rapport products and services and relevant polices and legislation by completing annual compliance courses, such as, but not limited to: AML, AODA, etc; and other assigned training courses relevant to role.
Education and Experience:
· Post-secondary diploma, degree and/or certification in Business or Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Five (5) years' related experience and/or in a sales role within a financial institution.
· Previous experience working with a Loans Origination System, an asset.
· Previous experience in a supervisory capacity with coaching others, an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· In-depth knowledge and experience in foundational banking processes, lending products, and deposit and investment products
· Advanced credit and interviewing techniques with experience in providing credit solutions and recommendations.
· Strong communication, organization and time management skills with the ability to maintain compliance, attention to detail and accuracy when completing work. .
· Possess sound judgment and problem solving skills to efficiently manage conflict situations and resolve complex member issues.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Financial services: 5 years (preferred)