Explore how you can contribute at AmeriLife.
For nearly 50 years, AmeriLife has been a leader in the development, marketing and distribution of annuity, life and health insurance solutions for those planning for and living in retirement.
Associates get satisfaction from knowing they provide agents, marketers and carrier partners the support needed to succeed in a rapidly evolving industry.
Job SummaryThe Digital Campaign Optimization Manager is responsible for planning, optimizing and reporting campaigns to meet and surpass the company’s success metrics while also supplementing campaign success through the execution and optimization of sequenced customer journeys. This person understands how search engines, paid digital social media networks, and display/video advertising platforms function at a deep level – specifically, best-practices for audience targeting, keyword strategies, and how bids relate to keyword performance and campaign efficiency so they can optimize and manage campaign budget allocation. This role is also responsible for managing lead planning, procurement, and optimization exercises with agencies providing self-generated and third-party leads.
- Owns budget cap planning to flight campaigns to meet targets
- Owns the media mix within paid social and SEM marketing campaigns
- Supports bid optimization processes and approach
- Responsible for campaign optimizations and tactical recommendations
- Surfaces new platform opportunities
- Performs all campaign executions
- Manages the procurement, ordering, and optimization activities for all agency-sourced leads
- Performs data analysis for reporting and initial commentary
- Aids in new campaign/initiative launches
- Development and utilization of custom/look-alike/retargeting audiences to maximize performance
- Has a progressive understanding of the interrelationship between paid search and other digital channels, including owned (organic) channels
- Performs series of A/B tests to make informed decisions on campaign design optimization
- Assembles a sharable respository of best practices based on past results
- Keeps a comprehensive digest of changes made to individual campaigns in a centrally-located and accessible repository
- Lead regular reporting calls, describing campaign changes made, rationale for changes, and the impact of changes
- Provides requirements for, and analyses campaign reports
- Helps in paid search / paid social creative development and activation
- Responsible for billing reconciliation management
- Evaluates lead generation volume and cost needs and makes initial recommendations
- Creates sequenced customer journeys aligned with paid digital campaigns to maximize efficiency of marketing spends
- Maintains daily budget sheets; identify/addresses red flags
- Ad hoc duties as needed
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years experience in marketing management (senior healthcare insurance experience preferred).
- Experience working with digital marketing in the Insurance industry
- Expert understanding of tracking, optimization and reporting tools available for use in paid search.
- Insurance product experience with MS, MA, PDP and Final Expense
- Experience successfully driving campaign optimization on paid digital channels
- Experience successfully orchestrating and optimizing automated customer journeys across paid and organic digital properties
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to explain, concisely and accurately, campaign strategy and tactics – including their impact, to a broad audience, including executive leadership
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Deep curiosity as to the reasons for granular performance results and trends
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent campaign management skills and ability to manage multiple campaigns effectively
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Ability to evaluate campaign success and trends using statistical techniques