Title: Inside Sales Specialist
Department: Customer Service
Location: Itasca, Illinois
Knowles Corporation (NYSE: KN) is a market leader and global supplier of advanced micro-acoustic, audio processing, and precision device solutions, serving the mobile consumer electronics, communications, medical, military, aerospace, and industrial markets. Knowles uses its leading position in MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) microphones and strong capabilities in audio processing technologies to optimize audio systems and improve the user experience in mobile, ear, and IoT applications. Knowles is also the leader in acoustics components used in hearing aids and has a strong position in high-end capacitors. Knowles’ focus on the customer, combined with unique technology, proprietary manufacturing techniques, rigorous testing and global scale, enables it to deliver innovative solutions that optimize the user experience. Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, Knowles is a global organization with employees in 13 countries. For more information, visit knowles.com.
As a Knowles team member, you are encouraged to challenge the status quo and see possibility in unexpected places. Because of our entrepreneurial culture, the only limit is your imagination. If you thrive in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment, you will fit right in. If you are driven by constantly redefining the gold standard of products and services that help customers, you will be a valuable member of Knowles. Let’s move ideas from concept to reality together.
Responsible for acting as a liaison between Knowles and its customers by assisting with the following: inputting customer orders, adjustment to CRD (customer request dates), working with factories and notifying customers with the latest supply dates, RMA’s customer complaints, and other customer related queries. Knowles takes pride in providing world class customer service and this role would play a pivotal part in meeting such high standards. A key internal proponent to being successful at this role would be to work with cross functional teams to ensure the customer’s needs are being met in a timely manner. Ensuring a high standard of quality consistent ISO 9001 and SOX standards.
Drive forecasting and demand planning to ensure that there is a qualified forecast and demand plan available. Analyzes forecast based on past trend and makes recommendation for future demand in close coordination with customers, CS and Sales. Provide sales and forecast analysis and tracks forecast accuracy.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter orders and amendments into ERP system (Oracle).
- Collaborate daily with key customers on order fulfilment activities, e.g. consignment planning and execution as well as order management.
- Provide support to Sales in connection with information and reports.
- Deliver customer focused analyses of actuals compared with forecasts.
- Coordinate scheduling of customer orders with the planning function.
- Cooperate closely with the logistics team and freight providers in ensuring smooth shipment and customs clearance of goods.
- Administer customer information, registration and updating.
- Create Customer Response Tracking (CRT)
- Create Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for customer return of product
- Drive the monthly forecasting process for selected customers
- Conduct analysis of historic demand and forecast accuracy and compare with market information
- Provide recommendations for forecast adjustments and drive suggested forecasts.
- BA or BS degree preferred in the area of business, supply chain or similar
- Experience: 5+ years Customer Service
- Computer skills: Experienced Excel user; Oracle a plus
- Ability to prioritize projects and process multiple tasks as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Analytical as well as customer focused mind set
- Expert in Excel, sales and forecasting tool savvy (CRM tools like SFDC, DEMANTRA), ability to populate analytics on orders, forecasts, lead time and other metrics