Approved Freight Forwarders has an immediate opening for a qualified Business Development Coordinator to aid and support the Hawaii business development team. The Business Development Coordinator will serve as the secondary contact for the Hawaii sales manager, and assist with creating and managing inquiries/leads, opportunities, and activities in our CargoWise CRM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Identify and qualify leads through cold calling.
- Assist Hawaii business development team with quote requests/follow-ups, pick-up requests, tracking shipments, invoice errors that need to be corrected, proposal follow-ups, credit application follow-ups, and any other follow-ups that are needed.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with prospects and existing customers via phone, email and or in person.
- Manage Hawaii business development team calendars.
- Assist Hawaii business development team with travel itineraries.
- Participate in various external and internal meetings.
- Assist Hawaii business development team with preparation for proposal’s, Scope of Work’s and presentations.
- Create and implement sales strategies and identify new markets to enter.
- Range of administrative duties & tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high degree of flexibility required
- Be able to work independently (self-motivated) as well as collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve results
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% (to California office)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Must be able to sit and/or type for extended periods of time.
- Medical & Dental
- FSA Medical and Dependent
- Guardian Benefits (i.e. Cancer, Disability, Accidental and Life)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)