Outreach is a leader in sales engagement software and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world.
The Solutions Consulting Manager will partner with the sales, professional services and customer success leadership in the Corporate and Enterprise segments to build a high-impact business in the East region. The ideal candidate will have experience building and developing high performing PreSales teams as well as broad experience in account strategy, coaching and a desire to develop process and structure to support a growing region. The successful candidate is a natural leader who loves to build high-growth enterprise software business, driving strategic customer outcomes through both their own experience and, more importantly, through the efforts of their highly talented team.
If you are the type of individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing account strategies, building, leading and mentoring a high-performance team and collaborating cross functionally with every area of the organization, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
About The Team…
- The Solutions Consulting team is an integral part of the Outreach Go-To-Market function. We focus on driving real business impact for prospects by being both technology and domain experts. SCs are expected to understand our prospect’s challenges and objectives - then guide them toward lasting solutions. We do this by partnering with other functions, internally (professional services, product, engineering, success, marketing) and externally (partners). The ownership is tangible on this team - our prospects' pain is our pain and their win is our win.
- Attract, hire, manage, coach, and develop employees to ensure teams are high-performing. Drive changes to ensure the team is structured effectively to provide proactive and reactive support to customers and prospects. Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives. Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care.
Sales activity and oversight
- Drive customer success, sales methodology and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement. Ensure successful delivery of POCs and guided technical validation efforts. Support Solutions Consultants and sales reps on all sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support as a player/coach. Close business with accounts of all sizes, and develop relationships with key customer. Communicate effectively with sales, management, customers, and support staff. Travel to customer locations in territory to support sales efforts.
Industry and platform knowledge
- Keep abreast of sales trends to increase your credibility in the industry e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studies. Learn about the experiences other customers have with Outreach, to apply these successes and learnings to conversations. Become a solution expert - platform features, value and use cases.
- Reflect on successes and failures, and make improvements to your ways of working as a result. Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement
- Experience. You have 3+ years managing a high-performing PreSales Solution Consulting team (remote/field resources), including both transactional sales and strategic selling and 6+ years as a PreSales Solution Consultant with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Selling knowledge and expertise. You are knowledgeable in best practice sales processes, methodologies and technologies. You use this knowledge to manage high volume transactional business, enterprise selling, and solution selling.
- Communication and organization. You are methodical and able to multi‐task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. You have strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Leadership. You’re a proven collaborator who can liaise with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Technical acumen. You have developed technical skills and/or the ability to acquire in‐depth knowledge and use of the Outreach platform.
- Talent attraction. You are constantly on the lookout for the best talent to bring onboard.
Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Flexible time off
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
- Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
- A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status