Critical Environment Technologies (“CET”) is a leader in the design, manufacture & servicing of gas detection and indoor air quality systems. CET has developed & sells more than 50 different products that are sold in all states & provinces and can be found in more than 20 countries globally. Our transmitters, controllers and self-contained units are installed in commercial HVAC, institutional, municipal and industrial applications including parkades, refrigeration plants, commercial swimming pools, water purification plants, arenas, wineries, breweries, wastewater treatment plans & cannabis production facilities. Ongoing product development ensures that CET’s equipment is at the leading edge of a rapidly evolving space. CET has a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, safety, and environmental protection.
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organized individual with an entrepreneurial mindset with a can-do, never give up attitude to join our expanding Field Service business unit. The focus of this role is to seek new business opportunities by understanding the market, understanding the competitive landscape, segmenting the market, developing client target lists and reaching out to clients on the target lists with the objective of developing relationships and expanding the Field Service business. To be successful in this role, strong communication skills are required to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact, through a deal, and then managing the on-going relationship as required.
- Qualify leads from contact lists and marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential customers through cold calls and emails
- Identify customer needs and suggest appropriate services
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- If required, set up meetings or calls between prospective customers and the Field Service Manager or Service Coordinator
- Provide reports to the Field Services Manager detailing performance against weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales progress
- Close on opportunities with proactive follow-up approach to create new and recurring business
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative or similar role
- Hands on experience with multiples sales techniques including cold calls, emails, and/or mail platforms
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Get creative and tell me why you’d be a perfect fit even though you don’t necessarily have the above skills that may come from a proxy experience.
- Experience with gas detection, indoor air quality equipment, HVAC, the printing industry, or another similar industry
- Experience selling professional services to facility and property managers
- Experience in soliciting recurring business from recurring customers in a building products or construction industry setting
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time position in a stable, successful, growing, Canadian company
- Excellent Healthcare/Dental/Insurance Benefits Package
- Competitive income, profit sharing & bonuses
- Great company culture
WHY WORK FOR US?:
- We have a GREAT team!
- We want to develop GREAT people
- If you have drive, you are motivated to be successful, you love engaging with people, you want to be part of a team, and you want to have fun while working
- I want to hire that “awesome someone” who wants to grow and develop and believes they can learn and accomplish anything!
BASE SALARY: CET offers a competitive salary (base + bonus) and benefits structure.
We are situated in Tilbury Industrial Park in Delta, BC. Time may be split between the office, customer sites, face to face meetings with customers and an opportunity for some time to be spent working remotely.