Business Development Manager - Eastern Ontario
IC Savings is a credit union that focuses on bringing the benefits of co-operative banking to its over 19,700 personal and business members, whether online, by mobile or in branch at its eight locations in the Greater Toronto Area. To learn more, visit www.icsavings.ca.
Who are we looking for?
A self-starter who can establish and grow the presence of IC Savings in Eastern Ontario through broker relationships. We’re looking for an individual who can cultivate new and existing relationships to generate prospective deals to meet company sales targets and has a solid understanding not only of our products, but also underwriting standards and processes.
A competitive salary, performance bonus and an attractive benefits package await the right candidate.
Business Development Manager (BDM) will work the region of Eastern Ontario, which includes communities such as Ottawa and the surrounding area, Peterborough, Brockville, Kingston, and Belleville.
What you will do
- Develop a strategy to effectively prospect territory for new business, maximize existing relationships and set volume targets.
- Manage referral sources/mortgages brokers to ensure applications fall within the targeted risk area.
- Evaluate and recommend mortgage applications by assessing a customer’s credit history, collateral and income, ability to pay within established guidelines, or by modifying the application parameters appropriately.
- Ensure funding is at the level required to meet or exceed targets.
- Maintain consistent, objective and sound risk assessments.
- Work effectively with senior management and support staff to ensure referral sources/mortgage brokers receive a high level of service.
- Represent IC Savings in the community by participating in various associations and attending trade shows and seminars.
- Stay abreast of all related industry issues and ensure the unit remains current on all relevant industry issues.
- Provide market intelligence related to real estate lending risk in target lending markets.
- Assist with the development of product enhancements as required.
Qualifications that will contribute to your success
- Self-motivated and sales-driven, you are also creative and entrepreneurial, with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum two to five years as a BDM or related position in the broker community.
- Completion of post-secondary education, ideally with a focus on business, commerce or economic, or equivalent work experience; completion of relevant mortgage/underwriting courses/education preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the local broker and real estate markets.
- Full understanding of all aspects of residential mortgage products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong focus on customer service excellence, attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Proven experience in marketing, sales and business development, with a good grasp of risk and marketing principles.
- High degree of numerical competency.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Standard corporate business hours based on a 37.5-hour work week; ability to work extended hours if required.
- Combination of walking, sitting, standing and considerable use of phone.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a home-based office are essential.
- Driving, using own vehicle, to develop business and/or attend various company seminars, meetings, trade shows, events, etc.
- Flexibility to accommodate overnight travel within region (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to move items (e.g., file boxes, marketing materials) up to 25 to 30 pounds in weight.
If you think you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please submit your resumé.
IC Savings is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
For more information about our credit union and the products and services that we offer to our members (customers), please visit www.icsavings.ca.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: Business Development Manager (Ottawa and surrounding area)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $150,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday