In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on AWS or other public cloud.
- Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of AWS.
- 5+ years of development / programming experience with Java, .NET and/or Python on AWS
- Experience in migrating applications from the on-premise data centers to AWS public cloud
- Experience in development, management, and orchestration of microservices and deploying micro services-based applications on AWS
- 4+ years of experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform) and associated processes
- Understanding of emerging technologies and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- 4+ years of application design and development using enterprise languages and frameworks (i.e., J2EE and Spring boot) and experience with interpreted or scripting languages (e.g., Angular, React, NodeJS, Python)
- Cloud native database configuration, integration & optimization (DynamoDB, RDS, MongoDB)
- Experience with Cloud Native PaaS and serverless architecture, its implementation and limitations
- 4+ years of knowledge and experience with container management tools (Docker, OpenShift), Container orchestration (Kubernetes), and Infrastructure-as-code IaaS (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- 4+ years of experience with static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks.
- Cloud native services optimization for reducing costs, increasing performance, efficiency and improving scalability and elasticity.
- AWS Associate Certification (e.g., Solution Architect, Developer)
- Demonstrated skills in technical analysis, problem solving and short term and long-term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive, and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.