BacklotCars is currently seeking a Title Clerk to join the team. We are an online marketplace for auto dealers and our platform is changing the way auto dealers buy/sell wholesale vehicles. We are looking for someone to join the title team whose focus would be the point of contact for questions, issues or concerns with our customers pertaining to titles.
This person should have a deep knowledge of titles with the ability to process titles. Additionally, they should have customer success experience and understand the importance of customer service and the satisfactory and timely resolution of issues and inquiries.
What You’ll Do:
- Handle incoming title issues via email, text, phone calls
- Ensure that all title issues are handled to completion, or the relevant dept/ person has been alerted to assist
- Process vehicle titles from multiple states and check for accuracy and marketability
- Assist in fixing title issues by contacting the relevant agency, customer or lienholder
- Assist in making sure titles are sent to buying dealers
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 5 years working in vehicle title processing. Additional experience working in automotive related customer service roles is strongly preferred
- Willingness to hustle, roll up sleeves and get stuff done. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems and identify successful outcomes
- Positive attitude with a customer first mindset
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve end-user issues and/or escalate issues appropriately
Why You Want To Work Here:
- Cool people, solving cool problems to disrupt the marketplace
- We value your input. You will have the opportunity to not only lead the growth on a new market but help us to continually improve our products and solutions
- Opportunity to get in on the “ground floor” of a growing company
- Startup culture, catered lunches, bring your dog to work, competitive pay, excellent medical benefits (health/dental/vision), flexible PTO schedule
Who We Are:
BacklotCarsis an online marketplace for auto dealers and is changing the way they buy/sell wholesale vehicles. Through BacklotCars, auto dealers, auto finance, and rental car companies can transact without having to go to physical auctions.
Our end to end solution is truly seamless for dealers, as BacklotCars provides vehicle inspections, transportation, and inventory finance. Our mission is to make wholesale easy so dealers can be more successful.
The team at BacklotCars includes professionals from both inside and outside the auto industry, which gives us a unique perspective on its problems and innovative solutions. We blend our deep expertise in the auto industry and technology to modernize auto wholesale.
We were founded in Kansas City and graduated from 500 Startups, a prestigious accelerator in Silicon Valley. Since launching, we’ve seen tremendous growth and now help dealers buy and sell thousands of cars a month across 40+ states. As one of the fastest growing early-stage startups in the region, we’ve attracted investors from all over the world.
We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute ideas that will change an industry. If you are excited about disrupting a marketplace and next-generation technology platform, please send us your information to join us as we keep the expansion rolling.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- titles: 1 year (Preferred)