Marketing & Sales Manager, Mining and Cement Segment
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible for the comprehensive analysis of the specific target segments and provide guidance and development of sales strategies to increase System Drives order intake and sustainable market share, annually in System Drives – Motion in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Reporting to the Sales Director, System Drives, you will provide coaching for various sales teams to achieve those strategies and growth. Manage the marketing and sales plans to achieve the key targets and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Sales Strategies: Responsible for defining the Segment sales strategy for System Drives in the Mining and Cement market. Identifying all relevant revenue streams for ABB solutions with the segment and lead the development and implementation of related strategies. Develop and grow repeatable base business while complementing sales growth with project pursuit and capture. Understanding the product and/or solutions needs of the Segment market versus ABB’s current product portfolio
- Communicating the opportunities and defining key channels, associations and buying influences with the market necessary to drive growth. Understanding the competitive landscape and identifying ABB strategic advantages. Accountable for and works closely with sales team to identify and close specific opportunities for achieving Order targets
- Opportunity Management: Generate a prioritized target account / project pursuit database based on sales strategy. Influence activities related to pursuing key projects with the segment including helping to define winning positioning strategies Identify “Must-win” opportunities and solicit the necessary support for same. Ensure the full utilization of sales tools such as Salesforce.com for tracking and developing opportunities. Conducts cadence reviews with sales engineers. Provides monthly sales forecasts and specific reports on sales development.
- Market Intelligence: Continuously assesses market trends, customers, competitors, industries, applications and country analyses to identify and realize opportunities with existing and potential new customers within the target segment. Feeds back to the Product Group and Local Business unit on market trends, competitive landscape, market-pricing expectations, channel strategy and local conditions to win.
- Customer relationship: Builds and maintains strong relationships at senior levels with the key customers, stakeholders and other decision makers. Ensures effective marketing communications, in particular ABB’s value proposition. Agrees with the local Division/Product Group the relevant metrics that the local Division/Product Group must report and focus on to ensure and grow customer satisfaction. Solicit support of ABB senior management for customer engagement
- Coaching: Provides the necessary coaching and support for sales engineers. Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates, and develops indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures knowledge sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Bachelor degree (Technical degree preferred) and 8 years of related experience in electrical or automation industry.
- Travel up to 50% of the time. Good understanding of relevant application related to drives preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Skills & Competencies: Comprehensive understanding of the mining segment including related Customers and competition. Goal/result-oriented mind-set with capability to identify new opportunities and translate these into executable action plans. Highly skilled at developing and growing relationships, from plant level to C-level. Structured and Process orientated (sales processes, tools, dashboard…). Demonstrate effective communication skills. Customer & Market Orientation with a closer mentality. Good understanding of relevant products (low voltage high power drives, medium voltage drives). Good understanding of relevant application relative to ABB System Drives offerings. Proven record in formulation and execution of strategic initiatives. Leadership (coaching and mentoring). Teamwork and collaboration. Intercultural Sensitivity & Effectiveness.
- Main performance indicators: Order intake, Gross Margin development, annual growth of market share, annual growth in number of end-users, OEMs and other sustainable revenue streams captured.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.