Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Student Resources Account Executives (AE) is responsible for prospecting new College or University clients that offer a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). SHIP are plans that insured the student population through a contract with the College or University. In addition to identifying and creating new business opportunities, the AE is also responsible for maintaining the relationships and renewals of specific existing clients of UnitedHealthcare StudentResources. This includes serving as a key liaison between the prospect/client and administration such as claims, customer service, underwriting, compliance and policy services. Prospecting includes documenting the client’s current insurance information, and scheduling/participating in direct or broker driven sales meetings. In this position, a major role will be generating new business by managing individual sales assigned pipelines. This will include scheduling meetings with prospective clients and educating them on UHCSR services and other eTools as appropriate with the goal of generating new business
The account executive will generally handle a mix of small to large-size, College or University prospects (i.e.: Fully Insured, 500+ lives). This is an opportunity to work with Student Affairs, Risk Management, and Health Center personnel at major Colleges and Universities nationwide.
If you are located in St. Petersburg, FL, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct market research to identify selling opportunities by evaluating customer needs for student health insurance
- Clear documentation in sales database (CRM) of the insurance carrier, broker, Third Party Administrator, and expected membership
- Identify opportunities for Ancillary/Enterprise products that will assist in writing fully insured business
- Effective management of your assigned accounts and responsibilities. Work should move forward with the goal of meeting established deadlines, and timelines for new business quotes and established client renewals
- Conveying written and spoken information effectively in a clear and concise manner
- Deliver new business and finalist presentations to represent service experience, and coordinate attendees from other service-related areas to support the AE
- Establish and maintain Broker/Consultant relationship as needed
- Present a positive image of UnitedHealthcare StudentResources in the marketplace
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Licensed to sell Health Insurance or ability to obtain upon hire
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships
- Willing to travel (domestic) 25%
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $60,000 to $115,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Account Executive, Student Resources, St. Petersburg, FL, Florida