Address:300 S Randall Road
Job Family Group:Commercial Sales & Service
Provides technical expertise for proactive credit analysis, structuring, pricing, and overall transactions assessment within the assigned portfolio / jurisdiction. Provides advisory supports to the team to provide insights on the accuracy and consistency of decisions relative to risk strategies, policies, and appetite. Identifies deficiencies and recommends corrective action plans. Makes credit and pricing decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies prospective customers, and/or refers customers with Personal Banking and/or more complex needs to appropriate personnel.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Provides advice and support with a focus on unique and complex credit transactions; provides day-to-day technical support for team members.
- Independently examines credit transactions and related reporting (e.g. exception reports) for adherence to transactional policies and procedures.
- Develops risk profiles, credit structuring of lending proposals, and completes credit investigations.
- Examines individual transactions for the designated portfolio and aggregates portfolio information to monitor, analyze, and report on the quality of credit activities and risk-related decisions.
- Understands customer needs and offers financial solutions that meet customer goals.
- Understands the local market and proactively develops relationships with centres of influence.
- Develops internal and external networks and referral sources to ensure ongoing growth of BMO's business.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to build trust by providing expertise, responsive service, and support.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation, and sustainment of initiatives.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Develops, maintains, and executes a business plan, including relationship management strategies, to achieve customer retention objectives.
- Develops client rapport and instils confidence to develop credibility and earn their trust as relationship manager.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training and coaching programs to address observed trends and skill gaps; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies due diligence in accordance with Bank’s policies and ethical standards for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation.
- Adheres to business banking lending processes, policies, procedures, legal, regulatory, audit, and ethical requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies risks and takes appropriate actions, including all documentation and other regulatory requirements to maintain operational integrity.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of CMS Compass Program or equivalent knowledge and experience – required.
- Strong knowledge of business banking products, lending processes and loan documentation, and supporting policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Strong experience with customer sales and service.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.