Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world's health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives.
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities. We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs include Project Baseline - our research initiative to increase participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo - our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug - our effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining machine learning with sterile insect technique. We're also actively working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like Healthy at Work.
The Verily Solutions Team's mission is to accelerate Verily's advances in healthcare by providing broad technical expertise and solutions to our teams so that their software and data practices are efficient, reliable, and safe.
One critical component of Verily's strategy is our work to create a Health Platform focused on improving patient outcomes and lowering costs. A major pillar of this effort is Onduo, our Disease Management project which helps patients remotely manage chronic disease, where we are realizing the mission of using novel sensors and telemedicine to drive behavior change and outcomes. Onduo is currently caring for patients and we have strong evidence of clinical improvement - achieved through a combination of continuous glucose monitoring, a virtual clinic, health coaching and a behavior change app. We are currently working hard to expand our impact by treating people with more chronic conditions.
Onduo integrates with a variety of clients, including health insurance carriers, employers and health care providers. While some clients can be supported through our standard integration platform, many clients will require customized solutions. There is also a need for developing partner portals or internal tools for our sales, account management and support teams.
As a senior member in our Solutions team, you have excellent technical, communication and organizational skills. You will be responsible for consulting with customers, partners, and prospects on the technical aspects of the Onduo platform, including implementation and customization. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across business and technical teams to manage pre-sales and post-sale activities on behalf of customers and partners, and will be responsible for collecting requirements to feed back into Verily's internal engineering teams.
- Participate in pre-sales conversations with customers and sales teams to evaluate feasibility of client requests and propose solutions that meet client needs. Guarantee the technical aspects of a client's integration with Onduo by providing technical guidance and necessary documentation, and setting up configurations as necessary.
- Develop technical tools and documentation to expedite partner implementation, and improve operational scaling and product serviceability with Engineering.
- Provide high touch technical subject matter expertise with partners for partner education, technical troubleshooting, and support within defined service level agreements.
- Work with the product team to define and prioritize new product features and tools requests required to improve processes and performance.
- Ensure that custom solutions meet Verily's engineering standards and identify opportunities for custom solutions to be generalized across clients.
- BA/BS degree in CS or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years work experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Familiarity with modern software architectures and the ability to understand how a product works on a technical level.
- Experience working with one or more of the following program languages: Python, Java, .Net, and/or Go.
- Experience using SQL while working with datasets.
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a technical consulting role.
- MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing or stakeholder-facing role, with strong results working with a variety of different types of customers, engineers, and business people.
- Experience with regulated software products in the healthcare/life sciences space.
- Experience identifying business needs, defining, and building technical solutions to address business requirements in a startup environment.
- Experience designing and building scalable and robust data pipelines.
- Experience with public cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and/or Azure.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
Job Type: Full-time