Responsible for the sale of company products and services to assigned and target customers to achieve sales and profit goals. The assigned customers will be in the Wholesale, InStore Bakery and/or Bakery Chain customer segments. The representative will utilize the approach, strategies and tactics prescribed by the Company. The employee will be a sustaining resource to the customers' business by effective communication of BakeMark’s total product and service offerings. Perpetuates the growth of the BakeMark and Westco brands at all times by maintaining a positive business relationship with all stakeholders. Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy, and kindness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for attaining or exceeding the annual sales budget for the assigned customers.
- Utilizes the Strategy, Objective, Action steps & Responsibilities (S.O.A.R.) process to focus on objectives and communicate to appropriate parties. This includes appropriate research on the customer and aligning their needs with the company’s competencies.
- Communicates weekly to the branch Sales Manager, General Manager and VP of National and Key Accounts, their results on the identified account priorities and actions needed to be successful.
- Presents products to the customer using a professional, business plan approach. This includes written proposals, product specifications and product demonstrations. It may also include pro-formas, plan-o-grams, product life cycle graphs, marketing plans and vendor support plans, etc.
- Maintains and quotes prices to customers. Maintains a pricing and margin structure that is consistent with Company guidelines and achieves or exceeds companies goals.
- Responsible for inventory forecasts, sales administration of new items, resolving customer supply emergencies and everyday needs.
- Facilitates orders via SPS or EDI. Manages order-processing issues such as designated order cut-off times, shipping addresses, delivery minimums, etc.
- Facilitates collection of customer payments. Communicates and updates all customers on compliance of credit terms.
- Utilizes company data and field data to prepare period end reports that include sales trend, variance to prior and budget, S.O.A.R. activity, margin, A/R, competitive activity and a narrative on business drivers.
- Follows up on ALL customer requests and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied. Utilize proper internal and external communication to address business issues.
- Travels as required by the needs of the customer, within company and budget guidelines. Coordinates all activities required with travel (samples, Technical Service, etc) to minimize costs.
- Continually develops knowledge of and representation of the Company's products, services, and policies, including company sponsored training as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Exemplify the BakeMark core values of Partnership, Performance and Passion in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned to reach Company goals.
None. The Key Account Representative is expected to participate in assigned sales projects that may not include accounts from his territory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of related industry experience or combination of education and experience. Prior baking industry experience preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic computer skills including MSWord, Excel, Power Point, e-mail and internet.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have, and maintain, a valid driver's license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as product and price lists, training and instructional manuals and material, sales invoices and accounts receivable statements and reports, sales statistics and results reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear continuously for 8 or more hours at a time. The employee must be able to use hand to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell for 8 hours or more at a time, and lift and/or move object approximately 25 to 50 pounds from floor level to a height of 6 feet.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must taste, touch, and smell finished bakery products and related ingredients.
The employee will work both inside and outside of buildings. Must be able to travel as required. Overnight travel may be required.
BakeMark is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BakeMark via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written agreement in place for this position from BakeMark HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BakeMark. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BakeMark as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- One location