Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Solution Architect – Business Intelligence (BI) will lead the translation of business strategies and requirements into specific technical solutions, applications and process designs and identify associated functional requirements. He/She plays an integral role in the solution definition for analytics solutions and/or project deliveries as he/she assumes the overall responsibility for all technical aspects of solution delivery, from inception through design to implementation (including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and configuration management perspectives). The BI Solution Architect will have to conduct regular detailed solution analysis and provide expert judgment pertaining to highly complex technical issues including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and configuration management perspectives. The BI Solution Architect must manage the balance of current and future needs in both design and content. This role requires a rare blend of skills normally found in the specialized roles of Business Analyst, Data Analyst, ETL and Reporting Specialist.
- Create detailed solution design and reviews across relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment to the overall business needs including architecture overview, detailed solution architecture and whenever necessary the architecture decisions and performance testing documents
- Analyze, document and optimize the overall solution architecture by developing design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes aligned on industry best practices
- Provides technical oversight and recommendations on data infrastructure (on-premise and Cloud) and BI tool configuration to project teams.
- Participate in the selection of relevant technologies and products when solicited
- Present and socialize proposed solutions to technical boards during review sessions as well as articulate and communicate designs to audiences with limited expertise related to the selected technology
- Support the delivery of the solution by providing insights to the application development teams and project managers that plan and execute delivery activities
- Support implementation processes in association with internal and external development teams, participate in project-related activities and enforces guidelines and standards that production teams use to help guide their work
- Assume responsibility for the quality of the implemented solution and its adherence to technology strategies, standards and best practices defined by the enterprise architecture team
- Provide architectural leadership to development teams, and serve as the primary architect resource, and provide technical guidance and leadership to all internal and external teams involved in the implementation process
- Create solution architecture documents that describe and explain solutions attributes and associated benefits and maintain documentation in collaboration with enterprise architects as well as others solution architects
- Support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solution has been implemented
- Build standard solution templates for different business use cases
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Information Technology, Engineering). An advanced degree in a related area, an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, of which minimum 5 as a solution Experience working with integrated Enterprise systems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail for production of high-quality deliverables
- Highly advanced expertise with data manipulation and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or other.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and systems
- Must have some experience in at least one of the following RDBMS environments: Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and demonstrated ability to apply SQL creatively to a wide variety of business requirements
- Strong Knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS, or other as well as standards and best practices for ETL development
- Knowledge of Master Data and Reference Data concepts and solutions
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge of Big Data Platforms & Tool Suite
- Knowledge of Cloud Solutions & Implementations
- Good knowledge of Data Governance principles
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Expertise in APIs, web services concepts and standards.
- Expertise in JSON, XML, XML Schema, XSL, various XML standards and web services.
- Experience in designing and implementing large server software with particular attention to security, scalability and high performance
- Ability to work across multiple technical teams to set direction and priority
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business acumen
- Ability to motivate and integrate team members
- Experience working within multidisciplinary and collaborative environments
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills
- Organizing and maintaining data processes to meet ongoing data warehouse lifecycle needs
- Knowledge of Dimensional Data Modelling
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.