Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 85807
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing;
Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact
- ARUP Handling, Packaging and Shipping Infectious Material or similar certification within 30 days of employment (if role requires specimen acquisition)
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within 30 days of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 1 year of employment
- Two or more years of pediactric clinical experience OR four or more years of clinical related experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Experience in the subspeciality of involvement
- 1 year of experience in research with knowledge about the conduct of clinical trials, research principles/methodologies, and study design
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Working knowledge of federal regulations and regulatory requirements for conducting research
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of a personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint) and basic statistics
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Self-directed and motivated to work independently toward short- and long-term goals
- Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Develops, conducts, and facilitates research protocols.
- Supports investigators in writing study protocols.
- Performs participant screening, enrollment, study activities, and communication.
- Coordinates study visits and procedures, including specimen acquisition, transport, documentation, and shipment.
- Maintains equipment and supply resources for research studies.
- Obtains informed consent by following Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Schedules study-specific visits in conjunction with ancillary departments.
- Provides direct patient care to conduct research protocols.
- Provides direct nursing care according to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta standards of practice.
- Completes phlebotomy for acquisition of research specimens.
- Administers research medications under a study-specific protocol.
- Completes nursing physical assessment, vital signs, and venous access.
- Completes clinical assessment and safety evaluation of study subjects and notifies Principle Investigator when appropriate.
- Reviews and grades adverse events, concomitant medications, VS’s, and lab results and notifies Principle Investigator when appropriate.
- Provides health education to participants as part of a study protocol.
- Completes nursing documentation and order entry within the medical record.
- Manages all regulatory processes related to clinical research activities.
- Completes Institutional Review Board preparation, submission, modifications, reporting, and termination activities.
- Maintains all regulatory documents.
- Participates in sponsor correspondence, monitoring, and study meetings.
- Completes data management activities.
- Assists in development and completion of source and case report form documentation.
- Completes data entry and ensures data integrity.
- Supports statistical services needs.
- Facilitates grants, contracts, and financial tasks for research and clinical trials.
- Supports investigator in study budgeting, sponsor interactions, routing, feasibility assessments, account management, and reconciliation.
- Performs quality and education activities.
- Monitors compliance throughout all study activities.
- Engages compliance oversight as needed.
- Participates in education activities to support specific research activities and primary role.
- Maintains all licensure, certification, and system education requirements for role.
- Participates in educational activities related to study needs for study staff, investigator team, and patient care staff.
- Participates in departmental policy and quality projects.
Function: Nursing - Nursing-Bedside