Job DescriptionWorking together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring an Account Manager!
Reporting To: Regional Sales Manager
Posting Date: September 22, 2021
Closing Date: October 13, 2021
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Office Location: Vancouver Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
- Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
The Account Manager is responsible for generating sales / volumes and servicing broker clients.
Sales and Service:
- Ensure sound knowledge of First National products, services and technologies as well as competitor’s products
- Identify and build long term broker relationships, increase broker and overall portfolio volumes, and continuously develop new contacts and volume sources from the broker community
- Educate and market both existing and new broker clients on company products and services through various mediums and ensure broker clients always have up‐to‐date marketing packages and brochures
- Communicate, educate and sell the benefits of First National to broker clients i.e. what makes the company different, benefits of the company’s innovative technology
- Create email marketing plans to attract and build new business
- Assist in maintaining and improving assigned broker Funding Ratios
- Work with brokers to compile broker profiles and co‐develop business plans
- Analyze portfolio identifying brokers as high, medium and low producers and create specific sales strategies for each segment
- Liaise with the broker and underwriting teams to maintain a comfort level on any service or underwriting issues that may arise
- Manage within assigned budgets
- Attend various networking events throughout the region inside and outside of normal working hours
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned
- Prepare weekly sales logs and appointment schedules with corresponding narrative regarding broker client visits
- Compile detailed expense and mileage reports
- Prepare quarterly and annual business plans
- Attend weekly conference calls with Senior Management to converse on volumes, trends, industry news, issues and strategies
- Good organizational, project management and multi‐tasking skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office; capacity to learn new technologies/systems
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to handle difficult customer situations to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills, with a high aptitude for building client relationships
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, confidence and resilience in everyday situations
- University degree preferred, with a focus on Sales or Business and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the mortgage industry
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.