As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional
support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer happiness with
minimal supervision. Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the
technology/application to client business. Develop and deliver Verisys presentations
and product demonstrations. Design, validate, and present Verisys software solutions to
include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary
products. Present and articulate Verisys product's strengths, relative to competitors
during demonstrations, presentations and in written form for Requests for Information
(RFIs) or Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
Effectively consult with management of customer organizations. Participate in sales
planning and business development activities. Develop and demonstrate moderately
complex solutions. Architect solutions and prototype solutions for customers through
“straw man” diagrams and other concepts. Participate in industry functions, seminars,
and round tables to know the latest in industry. Interact with development to
enhance/refine Verisys products in areas of expertise.
Expectations for Success
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product
presentations, demonstrations, completing RFIs and RFPs, pilot implementations,
and ongoing sales consultation
- Drive the adoption of Verisys solutions within strategic accounts, rapidly growing
usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate product/technical
features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve product
knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of contending products and how to technically sell against
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Operations, Marketing and
Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing
and new Verisys products.
- Ability to work with a variety of team members and cross departmentally with other
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and
resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Become an expert in Verisys CheckMedic Credentialing Platform and other Verisys
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and
What are the qualifications?
- Minimum of 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect
experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial
- Extraordinary professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting
both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software,
including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications,
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer
problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis,
positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across
an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Strong leadership and ability to lead, encouraging both individual and team
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed. We wear lots of
hats here at Verisys!
- Bachelor's degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management,
Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science,
Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong
- Experience in healthcare a plus!