At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of the communities in which we do business: offering retail, lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
Overall, we seek qualities that display our company’s core values which are Humility, Attitude, Do the Right Thing, Together and Own it.
1. Business Development (TILS, RMU, KIOSK)
- Facilitate license agreement administration for approved merchants (distribution, tracking approvals, obtaining signatures) and administer merchant on-boarding paperwork
- Prepare merchant for opening and vacating by coordinating logistics with property operations and security departments
- Execute deals in Salesforce system and maintain merchant files in compliance with auditing guidelines
- Inform retailer of benefits of business development retailer programs
- Screen and prospect for business development applicants
- Identify appropriate common area placement by understanding available inventory
- Participate in specialty leasing site visits with prospective tenants as requested and provide information on traffic, trade area
- Negotiate new and renewal storage and local vending agreements
- Ensure temporary merchants adhere to Company guidelines and common area standards: (late openings use clause infringements, manning units, etc). Deliver violation letter and action notice as well as route internally to GM, Director of Business Development, GBDR and accountant.
- Prepare deal sheets for short term deals under targets
- Sign up new and existing tenants for Company Insurance
- Uses best judgment to resolve customer complaints and communicate any issues to the GM and GBDR
- Collect rent from Business Development tenants and follow up with tenants directly when needed
- Manage the Specialty Leasing forecast using the Salesforce-based MAP report
- Update /manage Alternative Revenue Inventory in Salesforce
- Prepare sales packages
- Screen and route Alternative Revenue (event access, media, sponsorship)
- Effectively coordinate with external back lit directory company (for example: Smartlite, Clear Channel) for postings and quarterly directory updates. Monitor program so that no back-lit panel is vacant.
- Screen Strategic Partnership Alt Rev opportunities and communicate those opportunities to the appropriate representative
- Screen & route Alternative Revenue (event access, media, sponsorship) call-ins to SP Rep assigned to property
- Alert corporate if any digital screens (Company owned Large Format or Food Court Video Walls, AdSpace) are not functioning or damaged (if applicable)
- Collect and enter specialty leasing sales information
- Manage collections to minimize accounts receivables
- Participate in Monthly Marketing calls
- Secure retailer participation for events (sampling, demos, offers, displays, etc.)
- Execute events planned for the property
- Follow up with retailers after events to determine results/metrics
- Complete Marketing Sharepoint site post events
- Implement Retailer Partnership deals (MAC, Lego)
- Worldwide Photography's on-site contact during Holiday/Easter
- Coordinate selection of process and direct work to contracted visual merchandisers, ensuring compliance with Company guidelines
- Post/maintain signage/collateral associated with contracted media buys
- Post and take down collateral
- Coordinate barricade graphics and install for vacancies or new retailers
- Coordinate vacant window displays and RMUs
- Provide local social media posts to Community Manager
- Respond to Medallia marketing comments
- Update website, directory, sales, careers, events, etc.
- Respond to Opinions Matter emails
- Responsible for posting appropriate content on social media
- Provide corporate team with relevant content from retailers for emails and SMS
- Submit local content for digital screens
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- 2 Years of Experience, preferably in Retail or Real Estate, Project Coordination, Marketing, Event Planning, Accounting and Sales
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and learn independently and in a team situation
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and tasks effectively and establish priorities with flexibility
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Self-motivated, pro-active individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to read and understand standard business documentation (e.g. contract language)
- Excellent PC, Excel, MS Word, PPT, Adobe, Publisher, Salesforce.com and Social Media
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.