There’s Always a Seat at Our Bar
The Lagunitas Brewing Company began on a kitchen stove in Northern California in 1993 and has always looked to the future – whether supporting local communities by turning beer into money for the cause, or fueling stories, songs, and experiences with our IPA. Wherever you go: Beer Speaks, People Mumble.
About the Role
To support local markets by engaging in sales and relationship building with existing and potential accounts. The FSM focuses on growing our volume and distribution to meet sales goals while portraying the Lagunitas brand and culture.
What You'll Do
- Determine weekly sales route utilizing Company’s CRM tool, visiting an average of 50-55 retail stops per week.
- Study the Lagunitas (8) Step Sales Call guidelines and actuate on every retail sales call.
- Responsible for introducing accounts to our existing and new Lagunitas brands, packages, and draught;
- Deliver the target volumes and distribution goals as stated in the specific region plan and documented through our CRM applications.
- Responsible for adhering to set dollar budgets and all company policies as set by management and the company.
- Implement activity plan for each key distributor ensuring clear and measurable objectives to deliver the distribution and ROS targets.
- Build and sustain quality relationships with the key distribution and decision makers in the retail accounts to enhance our sales capabilities and drivers.
- Responsible for execution of all marketing programs within retail accounts.
- Manages chain execution (distribution/promotions/programming) with assigned accounts.
- Place POS (Point of Sale) items in retail accounts as directed.
- Work closely with DBM on designing and scheduling the Distributor/Market presentations; Present material as needed.
- Audit accounts for pricing surveys using Company software to document price points on the shelf for portfolio.
- Identify and establish new relationships with target accounts through persuasive and effective selling techniques.
- Communicate on a daily basis with management team to ensure issues are resolved in a timely basis.
- Continuance of education, building own sales capabilities and skillsets.
- Responsible for improving the Sales Matrix Scorecards on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Lookin' For
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales environment; Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in beer sales or beer distribution desired.
- Successful experience managing beer distributors.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; willing to work flexible schedule, including weekends/evenings/holidays/overtime.
- Passion for Lagunitas and the beer business.
- Strong level of knowledge of beer and the brewing process.
- Outgoing/High energy; enjoys public interaction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and stay organized, motivated, focused and efficient.
- Ability to work effectively with people at different levels across the organization and externally.
- Reports directly to the Regional Team Manager.
- Will have frequent contact with field and chain sales teams.
- Unusual / extensive hours: May be required to work long or unpredictable hours. Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights and weekends.
- Physical: Required to lift 35 lb. Cases, and 165 lb. kegs and various point-of-sales boxes on a periodic basis.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history.
- Frequent travel required.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
Come as You Are
At Lagunitas, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, has a home here. Love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
Job Type: Full-time