We are seeking an energetic sales leader that will promote and sell Pasadena to the California State Association market. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about identifying, developing, and successfully contracting meetings, conventions, and events that bring contracted room nights to Pasadena. This is remote position based in the Sacramento area.
· Identify, prospect and contact State Association accounts, to qualify them for future convention and event business for the Pasadena Convention Center and Pasadena hotels.
· Organize and develop sales proposals, including coordination of hotel room blocks.
· Coordinate and conduct bid presentations and other sales trips.
· Consult with and accompany clients on-site inspections, showcasing facilities and area benefits.
· Participate in industry tradeshows, local events in the Sacramento and any other activities that bring value to the position and provide an opportunity to engage with Meeting Planners in the region.
· Administer all appropriate paperwork and data entry into USI associated with potential convention and tradeshow business, including but not limited to, correspondence, bid proposals, client diaries and database sales forms. Ensure data is accurate and current.
· Handle complex accounts as directed. Works collaboratively with the marketing department to develop assets to reach target markets through sales events/tradeshows, convention pre-promotion and other activities as required.
· Develop and maintain process for regularly scheduled customer follow-up geared toward client satisfaction and repeat business. This includes but is not limited to on-site visits during meetings and events, phone and e-mail contact, etc. Utilize this process for potential rebooking and other servicing purposes.
· Identify, recruit and actively engage and encourage local community members affiliated with targeted accounts to hold future tradeshows, meetings, conventions or events in Pasadena.
· Develop strong, working relationships with key personnel from all Pasadena hotels
· Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of all hotels, attractions and services, both public and private, available in Pasadena.
· Maintain familiarity with competitive markets, facilities and any other issues that impact the bureau’s ability to effectively sell Pasadena and its facilities
Minimum two years of higher education. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must be proficient with computers, including industry related programs and databases.
Certified Meeting Professional, Certified Exhibition Management, Certified Destination Management Executive, or Certified Hospitality Sales Professional preferred.
Minimum five years’ experience in CVB, convention center of hotel sales is required. Prior experience working with CA State Association clients is preferred.
Working knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
Superior customer relation management skills with a proven track record of exceeding expectations.
Strong sales and negotiation skills.
Motivated, self-starter and goal-oriented.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Strong analytical skills to be able to determine quality of business and best suited business opportunities for community.
Proven skills in account management, direct sales, sales presentations (oral and written) and trade show exhibiting required.
This is a remote position based in the Sacramento area. Travel is involved – 25% of the time. Working nights, weekends and/or holidays, as responsibilities dictate is also required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location