The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), is a 501(c)(6), not-for-profit entity, the only global cyber intelligence sharing community solely focused on financial services. Serving financial institutions and in turn their customers, the organization leverages its intelligence platform, resiliency resources and a trusted peer-to-peer network of experts to anticipate, mitigate and respond to cyber threats. FS-ISAC is headquartered in the US, with offices in the UK and Singapore.
The Business Development Specialist is an intermediate position reporting to the Senior Director, Sales Enablement responsible for managing the inbound lead process to ensure accurate data at entry to the sales funnel. This position is operations focused, critical to the smooth functioning of processing inbound applications and supports the lead development process. Candidate must be detailed oriented, interested in learning the business and the stakeholders in the financial services sector, possess good interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to the growth of FS-ISAC.
- Use open source and licensed data sources to validate and qualify inbound leads.
- Daily work in Salesforce – data entry, reporting, quality assurance checks.
- Respond to operations questions from staff and (occasionally) prospects.
- Report on lead trends at weekly business development meetings.
- Support lead development projects and nurture campaigns out of Salesforce.
- Use DocuSign, HubSpot (lead gen website) and other business applications as needed.
- Support business development process improvements.
- Work closely with business operations, finance and membership teams.
- Excellent working skills in Salesforce and Microsoft 365 applications.
- Intermediate business speaking and writing skills to respond to staff and prospect inquiries.
- Desire to gain expert understanding of types of financial services firms and verticals in the sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with people and contributing to company goals.
- Self-starter with attention to accuracy and quality in time-driven environment.
- Ability to work from home with internet access until Reston office reopens post pandemic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree or 2 + years documented work experience in business operations, inside sales.
- Demonstrated data entry skills, Salesforce preferred, other relational databases considered.
- Experience in financial services sector preferred.
This position reports into Reston, VA headquarters. Currently, due to COVID-19, position will require a work from home location, which must be in a home location and not in a public setting. When the Reston office opens post-pandemic, this position will be seated in that office. The candidate must be able to meet the physical demands of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FS-ISAC has reviewed this position description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. FS-ISAC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FS-ISAC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.