Tax Senior Associate
Askey, Askey & Associates, CPA, LLC is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Southern Maryland area and beyond, dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of financial and business needs.
We are currently seeking a Tax Senior Associate to join our growing team. Our tax practice includes individuals, businesses in multiple industries, estates and trusts. Our tax department focuses on staying ahead of the curve with technology by utilizing cloud-based software, and believes in investing in training for our team members so we can provide the best service to our clients. This would be an amazing opportunity for you if you are self-motivated for success, able to multi-task and communicate effectively.
We are willing to hire the right candidate to work remotely. To do so, the candidate must be conscientious, dedicated, able to manage time and projects efficiently and have superb communication skills.
Experience and Skills
- Three to five years of experience in public accounting, with at least two years of experience in tax preparation
- Ability to plan, prepare and manage an audit engagement
- Solid workpaper preparation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be knowledgeable of current tax law
- Ability to work in a team environment
- CPA or CPA candidate
Job Duties Include:
- Preparation & review of Federal, State and local tax returns for businesses, estates and trusts, individuals and exempt organizations, including multi-state taxation.
- Tax Planning for individuals and businesses.
- Conduct research on new tax laws and regulations.
- Preparation & review of supporting workpapers, including preparation of book and tax journal entries.
- Preparation of & review financial statements.
- Preparation of audit workpapers and programs
- Responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects.
Askey, Askey & Associates, CPA, LLC currently operates in a virtual software environment using Thomson Reuters Virtual Office. Experience with Thomson Reuters products such as UltraTax and other CS programs is a plus. Experience with QuickBooks products also a plus.
Benefits of Joining our Team:
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Possibility of hybrid work schedule once trained
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Compensatory time for overtime worked during our busy season
Visit our website https://www.aaacpa.com/join-our-team to email your resume or you can fax to: (301) 475-9108
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Tax: 2 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations