Job Title: Regional Sales Engineer - West Territory
Reports To: ICS Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Regional Sales Engineer is a technical, hands on outside sales professional. This position is responsible for selling all Ipsen products and solutions, particularly ICS (aftermarket) categories including engineering components (retrofits), parts and field service. Travel is expected a minimum of 60% of the time.
- Technically support customers by evaluating their Ipsen equipment for potential areas of future failure.
- Consultative sales approach to present both short term and long term maintenance and support plans which may include replacement parts, retrofits/upgrades, modernizations and visits from the Ipsen field service team.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)/services(s) while on-site. Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base. Generating and developing new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary, but use of data preferred. Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Assist in the developing of pricing and sales strategies for market shares and product lines we are emphasizing for growth while providing accurate and detailed information for quotable opportunities.
- Assist as requested with orders in process by attending meetings with the customers and facilitating both problem resolution and timely payments.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, negotiate pricing, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports as requested.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads through proper channels with call to action, dates, complete profile info, sources, etc. Minimal project management to make sure prospecting to PO is organized.
- Actively manage schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate records; including sales call reports in Salesforce.com, expense reimbursement forms in Concur, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assist in developing monthly forecast.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company Managers and marketing staff of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Looking for someone with and entrepreneurial spirit, a positive attitude and a hunters mentality to be relentless in the pursuit of supporting the company.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College/University in general business, marketing, or technical discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, suppliers, and customers. Integrity, passion and in-person presentation skills are essential
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Experience and ability in understanding electrical theory and PLC control software are helpful.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Do you have previous experience working in a union environment?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- On the road