INTERNSHIP - Continuous Improvement Intern
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and softstarters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. Industrial Engineering or Operations Management internship position available. The selected candidate will work on warehousing and logistics improvement initiatives under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager. As part of the team, you will have exposure to an operations group employing process engineering tools that are part of our methodology. Our methodology includes aspects of Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, Project Management, and Change Management that are aimed at ensuring a seamless execution of improvements for our business.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Operations, & Finance with the overall goal of improving safety, quality, productivity and throughput.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to capture volume, time, quality and cost of our processes.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to help resolve process queries, maximize service reliability, and minimize cost.
- Provide support in creating scope of work for all key positions when managing set processes.
- Improve documentation on policies and procedures within the business.
- Ability to present recommendations, plans, and results to management.
- Currently pursuing a University degree, preferably in operations management or industrial engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean & Six Sigma methodology or equivalent.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail abilities.
- SAP knowledge and Logistics are an asset.
- Have the ability to write and speak French & English.
- Candidate must be available full-time for the Fall 2021 semester
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.