What you will do
Under specific direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls service offerings to owners, primarily at the Director level. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners by providing technical solutions and operational expertise. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with target and managed accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Selling Security and Integrated Systems to the construction industry. Executes the sales process to cultivate and manage long-term relationships and seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings within an account.
How you will do it
- Builds partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of the Security and Integrated Systems and Services offering.
- Maintains frequent face-to-face contact with the customers who most directly influence penetration. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Addresses concerns and performance lapses. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- With assigned contractors, makes take-offs and bids the full spectrum of projects with the full spectrum of JCI offerings. With assigned consulting engineers, drives specifications of the full spectrum of projects towards the JCI offering. With assigned owner accounts, drives favorable specification.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position Johnson Controls.
- Under direction, qualifies and assesses potential customers. Teams with colleagues on individual projects based on account assignments. Honors the credit split guidelines and refers leads to other business segments.
- Develops relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
What we look for
- Degree or equivalent experience of more than eight years.
- A minimum of two (2) plus years of consultative progressive field sales experience in a highly complex sales process preferably in the Fire/Security/IT industry.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels. Technically savvy
- Bachelor's degree in business or Engineering.
- A proven track record of sales success in the Fire/Security/IT industry of five or more years
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Job Sales & Marketing
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions