Delphi or Interbase Programmer
The successful Programmer candidate will provide direct support to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Lamsco West, Inc. in the areas of programming, database design, technical support, problem resolution and performance optimization.
Experience in Delphi or Interbase is sought and knowledge of Embarcadero products, Object Oriented Pascal, Windows programing, Embarcadero RAD Studio, SQL (general or specific to Embarcadero Interbase) and Stored Procedure.
If you have these skills, we would love to hear from you!
Lamsco West, Inc is a premier manufacturer and supplier for Aerospace and Defense specialty metallic and non-metallic machined parts, assemblies, solid and laminated stock and value-added services. Lamsco is the World Leader Manufacture of Aerospace Shims. The holder of many prestigious performance awards for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory equipment and controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West is part of Avantus Aerospace.
At Lamsco, our customers are the reason of our business. Ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying their unique requirements is the reason of our success. This role is critical to our organization. We serve major customers such as Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed, Collins Aerospace, Mitsubishi, Airbus, Embraer, Honda, Spirit, Bombardier, Kawasaki, Subaru, etc. We strive to offer premier customer service by augmenting key relationship and maintaining an excellent customer experience. We develop a state of art system and processes that allow us to support this vision. If you want to advance your career with a global footprint and contributing to a vision focused on customer success and respect for employees, then apply to this opportunity.
- Direct Line – Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programs primarily in Delphi (Pascal) to develop and maintain the legacy MRP Manufacturing System.
- Designs and tests program logic, codes programs, creates program documentation and prepares programs for computer operations.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by the CTO.
- Creates and produces procedural documentation as required.
- Provides technical service support (i.e., installations, maintenance, software training).
- Provides new application ideas to all areas of company where new technology can be utilized to gain better efficiency and improve company productivity.
- Works with the IT Manager to ensure backup, recovery and security procedures are followed and/or updated as necessary.
- Works with the IT Manager to monitor the utilization of all networks and detect potential errors or problems, providing prevention guidelines as appropriate.
- Has overall responsibility for personal computer related programming issues and projects.
- Develops instructional programs and conducts training for computer users, in one-on-one and/or classroom settings, on the use of personal computers and software applications.
- Follows the lean philosophy and practice the 5 S’s on a daily basis.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Requirements: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
Associates Degree in computer science or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a computer programmer.
- Must have extensive experience in programming with Delphi (Pascal).
- Must know structured query language (SQL).
- Must be able to support an Interbase or Firebird database, including maintenance activities (i.e.; backup/restore).
- Experience with SAP MRP systems a plus.
- Must have clear and effective verbal and written English communication skills: must be able to read, comprehend and work from written and verbal instructions.
- Must have good time management skills, with a track record of utilizing resourceful strategies.
- Must have good general knowledge of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to get along well with others.
- Must be able to meet company attendance requirements; must be flexible enough to modify work hours if system or company needs require it.
- Normal office environment
- Interaction with all levels of employees
- Work may include periods of high-volume work and tight deadlines
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team
Lamsco West is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R