Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
- Performs IL instrument installations, validations/verifications and training inside and outside their assigned territory as directed by the Clinical Applications Manager (CAM).
- Coordinates the instrument go-live process with internal and customer stakeholders.
- Within their assigned territory installed base, responsible for ensuring total customer satisfaction and base maintenance.
- Responsible for customer clinical & technical support and education. Instructs customer on proper operation and clinical utilization of IL products. A
- chieves and maintains a high level of competency in technical knowledge of IL products and services.
- Strives to achieve similar competency regarding competitive systems.
- Achieves/maintains a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for knowledge and competency regarding Data Management Systems (including pre-sales, and post-sales support activity).
- Identifies opportunities to further penetrate current IL installed base and grow revenue within assigned accounts.
- May assist Sales Consultant with lead generation through pre and post-sales support.
- Performs product demonstrations.
- Participates in seminars, workshops and convention exhibit activities as requested by Management.
- Develops/ maintains an account list and calls on each according to required frequencies. Maintains aspects of IL Customer Databases and Property Accountability Documents.
- Manages and controls expense budget. Prepares forecasts and other monthly reports as required by manageme.
- Responsible for complying with all regulatory (including ISO) mandated policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by CAM
Budget managed (if applicable):T&E budget
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- All Commercial Operations, Customer Service
Skills & Capabilities:
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Project Management.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Functional Technical Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving.
- Technical Learning & Training.
- Efficiently works under pressure to meet deadlines.
- May work extra hours to complete assigned tasks
Bachelor's degree (medical technology preferred, respiratory therapy, nursing or related scientific discipline) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years related experience (clinical preferred).
- Proven technical proficiency and knowledge.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Project management skills/experience desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively at varying levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Collaboration, capable of executing in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
International Mobility: Required: no
- 75% of time