Become part of the dedicated Sales team at Salvation Army! Together we can continue serve and impact our local community. We are hiring for full-time Shift Supervisor at our Rancho Cucamonga Store. Great opportunity to improve your leadership skills and experience while contributing to the success of our Adult Rehabilitation Program. If you are looking for a job with purpose, apply to Salvation Army!
For information on this position, please read below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the day-to-day operation of the store.
- Assumes responsibility for all day-to-day store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides coaching, training, and development to the Store Employees.
- Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and service is quick and efficient.
- In absence of Store Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift change team meetings.
- In absence of Store Manager and Assistant Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift change team meetings.
- Supervise employees in performance of duties to ensure compliance with published directives and guidelines.
- Provide training for new personnel on store policies and procedures and the level of Customer Service expected by The Salvation Army.
- Completes all tasks as assigned by the Assistant Manager, Store Manager; District Sales Manager; Command Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- Responsible for processing of paperwork per Review Standards, especially as it relates to Time and Attendance compliance.
- Ensures store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards, adequate inventory levels on hand. Store is at CNO standards. Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Rag Out from the sales floor.
- BRP (Back Room Processing) –In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently to meet daily processing goals as outlined in Material Handler Standard Operating Procedures/Job Description.
- Donation Attendant (s) -In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Donation Attendants are working effectively and efficiently as outlined in the Donation Attendant Job Description.
- Responsible for adequate amount of change at the beginning of each day, safeguarding cash in registers, and banking of cash receipts as per ARCC policy.
- Attends Monthly Store Meetings.
- Assists the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures are established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and governmental regulations and that hazards are reported to Administration. Assists with Weekly Store Meetings with store teams.
- Responsible for the protection of property and building.
- May transfer from store to store at the direction of Command Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- Implement appropriate loss prevention measures as directed.
- Perform other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by the Store Manager, District Sales Manager, Command Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred to have a minimum of one-year previous retail experience and Supervisory experience.
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to schedule and supervise store employees
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license, be able to show proof of insurance.
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, store employees, customers, and donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Health and safety are a top priority with all our roles and sites. We continue to consult with medical and health experts and take all recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep our employ