Shift Days: Monday- Friday; Shift Hours: 08:00AM - 4:30PM
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient’s and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Health Information Supervisor will be responsible for the overall supervision the daily operations of the Health Information Management (HIM) department. The HIM Supervisor will assist with executing R1 Middle Revenue Cycle initiatives at our client sites. This person will conduct HIM and coding related operational evaluations to identify key areas of revenue and workflow efficiency opportunities.
In this role, the successful candidate must have demonstrated track record leading and managing HIM coding and middle operations and understand how it impacts, front-end, back-end and the other areas of the hospital.
- Maintains and monitors HIM controls and computer systems/environment for the assigned area of the department.
- Schedules daily assignments and evaluates performance of associates.
- Submits and monitors quality and quantity of work for assigned areas, performs supervisory functions and provides ongoing training as needed.
- Interprets policies and procedures for associates to ensure quality and compliance.
- Provides direction and support to client leaders to implement Best Practices within the middle of Revenue Cycle.
- Provides detailed analysis and reports to client and R1 Leaders.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of Health Information Management (HIM) experience.
- The ability to organize, manage and supervise groups of individuals to meet quality and turnaround requirements.
- RHIT Certification
- Bachelor Degree and/or CCS
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com