*Earn up to $1000 as a sign on bonus*
The Records Retrieval Clerk plays a very important role in the Records Retrieval workflow. They will be establishing contacts (through phone / email / fax ) with the various locations (health systems and hospitals, doctor’s office, ROI vendors and other custodians of medical, employment and billing records), to follow up on the Records Retrieval requests served to them by Compex. The core purpose of the Field Expeditors job is to obtain records. This purpose will be met by reviewing and understanding the order details, contacting the locations and impressing upon them assertively and in a professional manner to have them fulfill the request by delivering records to Compex.
Tasks and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Processes orders ;making outbound calls to custodians/providers, to request and obtain records, and or verify business location, and or ensure outstanding fees are paid, and document custodian contact
- Answer inbound calls from custodians, answering questions
- Schedule Field Agent appointments to copy requested records, and or pick up records from their location.
- Maintain and update location database.
- Track location changes, copy requests, record pick up, and volume of orders to be duplicated
- Attend daily team/training meetings to give and receive feedback on previous days reports and performance
- Mail requests when agents ae not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong English language communication skills, including reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, custodians and other departments especially via telephone.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to;
- communicate effectively with clients and other departments
- prioritize and manage multiple requests
- work well under pressure, meet deadline while multi-tasking, and adapt to a fast paced environment.
- work independently and without oversight for long periods of time
- work in a team environment
- use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
About Compex Legal Services, Inc.:
Compex is the nation’s leading record retrieval provider. We serve thousands of law firms and the largest insurance carriers to provide record retrieval, record summarization, IME interface, and deposition reporting solutions that reduce cost and cycle time. We empower our clients to make faster, more informed decisions by streamlining across claims, legal, and third parties. We emphasize innovation, world-class delivery and leading-edge thinking as a competitive advantage in delivering solutions to our clients and markets. We are on a strong continued growth trajectory and advancing our technology strategy is key to our future success.
We are on a strong continued growth trajectory and attracting, retaining, engaging and growing our 700+ employees is key to our success. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compex offers its full time employees Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and FSA. In addition, these benefits are fully paid by the company: Basic Life Insurance, LTD and EAP. The following supplemental benefits are also offered: Voluntary Life Insurance, AD&D, Aflac and Legal Shield. Compex offers full-time employee benefits including vacation; sick; and holiday.
Compex is a drug-free workplace. Please visit us at www.cpxlegal.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Call center: 1 year (Preferred)