TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is developing advanced communication systems for use in various military and commercial applications.
Job Function: This position is responsible for supporting the design, development, and testing of novel networking algorithms for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET) radios.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, develop, and document novel algorithms for network features specialized to MANET Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Capture and document current networking requirements and previously implemented algorithms. Suggest improvements
- Develop C++ programs for both simulation and algorithm implementation
- Design network test scenarios for deployment in simulation, in the laboratory, and in the field
- Support both laboratory and field tests; analyze results and lead debugging efforts
- Support MAC-layer embedded software debugging
- Contribute to networking related proposals and research publications
Education and Work Experience:
Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering required, mid to senior level candidates encouraged to apply
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Understands various Layer 2 Media Access Control design approaches, their advantages and weaknesses
- Demonstrates working knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, TCP optimization, CoS, QoS, DLEP, network gateway, and other networking protocols
- Demonstrates strong programming skills in C++
- Has strong understanding of graph algorithms as well as concepts from computer science (complexity analysis, performance analysis, approximation algorithms)
- Has capability to read and digest research literature, assess feasibility, and apply findings to new problems
- Experience debugging embedded systems is desirable
- Works independently, demonstrates initiative and interacts with a variety of engineering development teams
- Strong documentation skills and proficient with PC office applications
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.