MetroNet is looking for you! MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic Solutions Architect!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Glassdoor recognizes us for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Flexible schedule
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Selects and designs the optimal IT solution to business problems in consideration of current systems and integrations with emphasis on moving to better tech stacks.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the business, Software Engineers and PMs to determine optimal solution approaches
- Prototype and determine architectural style and tech stack
- Figure out risks in use of third party frameworks or platforms
- Design and document solutions (business, security, technology)
- Develop roadmap for selected solution
- Be engaged in development, creation, and maintenance of software
- Control the accuracy of solution implementations
- Assist CIO and Sr. Software Engineers to design product and processes
What You Need For This Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in related field
- Strong software development and database skills
- 6+ years of solutions architectural experience
- Perl, C# or C++ or Java (required)
- API development experience
- Unix/Linux command line environment (required)
- SQL/relational database (required)
- Git command line plus Gitlab or GitHub (preferred)
- Agile methodologies (preferred)
- Dependability, adaptability, flexibility and creativity
- Excellent analytical problem solving
- Fabulous written and verbal communication
- Micro Service experience (desired)
Ready to take the next step?
- After submitting an application, please complete our programming assessment located at:
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER