At Marsh & McLennan’s Private Client Services in Houston we are focused on serving the unique needs of affluent individuals and families, designing comprehensive risk management and personal insurance solutions.
This role acts as the primary contact for clients in relationship to overall management of Personal Lines insurance programs. The senior client advisor is responsible for staying abreast of changes in clients’ lifestyle that impact their risk profile and coverages, conducting annual reviews of clients’ insurance program, negotiating with carriers on client’s behalf, based on detailed market knowledge, and recommending appropriate coverages, limits and risk management solutions to clients. Client Advisors are also responsible for new business generation by obtaining referrals from existing clients and centers of influence and expanding relationships with current clients.
What can you expect?
- This position is critical to successfully support a high volume book of business to our Private Client clientele
- You will receive on the job, computer based and side-by-side training to become successful in this role
Work alongside tenured colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match AND contribution).
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will count on you for the following responsibilities:
- Reviews client exposures, loss experience and current coverages and recommends appropriate products and services
- Presents clients with accurate market data from appropriate resources to advise and counsel on complex risks
- Provides proactive day-to-day client service by anticipating and evaluating client needs and responding to client questions and issues in person, over the phone or via email
- Gathers information from client related to risk management needs, financial loss tolerance and evaluate and propose a variety of solutions to manage client’s risk
- Creates and presents renewal proposals to existing clients and conducts annual interactive Client Advisory reviews where appropriate
- Understands, introduces and leverages the services of Private Client Services (PCS) Specialty Practices areas, as appropriate, including surplus lines placements
- Conducts Client Advisory Reviews via face-to-face meetings. On larger or more complex clients a manager/colleague will be present
- Ability to quote coverages for existing clients
Confidence in cultivating opportunities from within their client’s centers of influence
- Responsible for new business development of assigned book of business through referrals and expanding existing client programs
- Builds relationships with clients, Marsh colleagues and centers of influence that facilitate asking for and receiving high quality referrals that become clients
- Accountable for client retention through delivery of exceptional client service
Negotiates with multiple insurance carriers to provide comprehensive coverage options for clients and prospects, while conforming to all laws, regulations and requirements governing the insurance industry
- Implements and maintains a quality service plan ensuring the accuracy of binders, policies, and other relevant documents that are delivered to clients
- Communicates client’s risk solution and binding instructions to carriers
- Utilizes the (TAM) Applied system in an accurate and timely manner to enter and maintain all pertinent account information
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures
Escalates internal and external service concerns that clients may be experiencing to appropriate departments for action and prevention of further client impact
What you need to have:
- 3 - 5 years’ insurance experience with High Net Worth (HNW) clientele
- Property & Casualty (P&C) License
- Previous Personal Lines Insurance experience with HNW clientele
- Client facing experience
- Client service orientation with balance on managing expectations
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to adhere to policies, practices & procedures
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong technical and computer skills (MS Office tools, etc.)
Flexibility to travel in the surrounding local area as client and company needs require
What makes you stand out?
- College Degree, preferred
- P&C License required
- Professional designations a plus, e.g. CPCU, CIC, etc.
- Previous experience with The Agency Management System (TAM) or similar system preferred
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.