PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be 'distributed by design', meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We're focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn't location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users worldwide, including 60% of the Fortune 100.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
We're growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
The Email Marketing Manager will play a critical role in nurturing leads through to conversion by creating, managing, executing and optimizing a variety of email programs. This role will work as a key partner and support teams across the organization - from Web, Campaigns, Field Marketing, Product, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing Ops, Design and more - with ad-hoc and nurture based email campaigns, and provide recommendations, strategy and best practices to help drive a variety of goals.
How you impact our vision
- Build, manage, and optimize emails across the user journey, and work cross-functionally to support ongoing campaigns, as well as new and existing ad-hoc and nurture requests
- Be the subject matter expert across all Marketing leads and stakeholders to give guidance on how to utilize scaled marketing through a variety of campaigns across the whole funnel (i.e. when to use an email, what type of content, who to target audience, etc.) for maximum impact
- Manage all incoming email requests from across the organization, ensuring requests are actioned upon within set SLA's and ensure outgoing email calendar is set and prioritized based on impact
- Partner with an external agency to support email creation, QA and execution of requests
- Help to build out strategy & implementation of automated, trigger-based communications to trial accounts and current customers to drive conversion, engagement, cross-sell, upsell and retention
- Provide recommendations for thoughtful A/B or multivariate testing to improve engagement with campaigns and drive increased results
- Monitor, measure, analyze and frequently report on email performance down to end-level conversion metrics, provide recommendations for improvements and work with Analytics teams to build out reporting dashboards as needed
- Stay up to date with the latest email / CRM trends and best practices, and actively share useful updates and suggestions to help improve performance
- Passionate for all aspects of email marketing - from high-level strategy down to managing the full end to end process, like creating UTM parameters to ensure no link goes untracked, creating lists, updating email templates, performing QA, building workflows, ensuring accurate launches and reporting back on results
- You have an exceptional ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries and enjoy providing guidance and feedback on campaign plans to ensure the best customer experience possible while meeting campaign + business level goals
- You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to collective success.
- You're meticulously organized and able to manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic organization
- You're always willing to pitch in and roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You have a data-driven mindset, can prioritize experiment recommendations based on impact, and are able to translate data into insights and action
Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years of managing high-volume Email Marketing calendars and supporting requests from stakeholders throughout an organization
- 3+ years of hands-on Marketo experience & experience with other marketing tools preferred (Iterable, Outreach, Gainsight, Pendo, Looker, Periscope, Segment, JIRA)
- Expertise in all aspects of email marketing including email design, best practices, deliverability, industry standards and global compliance regulations
- A solid understanding of Marketing funnel KPIs (pipeline, trials, revenue, logos) and how to influence scaled marketing levers to drive performance
- Self-motivated and comfortable with a high-level of autonomy, with strong abilities to troubleshoot and problem solve with minimal guidance
- A growth mindset focused on driving outcomes with a can-do attitude and a demonstrated pattern of accountable decision making
- Ability to communicate and present ideas, strategies & results effectively across multiple levels within the organization.
- Detail oriented, ability to execute complex segmentation and dynamic campaigns in a timely delivery with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong data analysis skills, comfortable using data to tackle problems and able to translate results into recommendations
- A self‐starter who thrives in a fast‐paced environment.
- Working knowledge of HTML / CSS and email template build best practices
- Experience in SaaS B2B, customer journey based or high volume subscription marketing background highly desired
- Experience with data personalization tools desired, such as Iterable, Pendo, Looker, Periscope, and Segment
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports all of our people and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there's something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
The questions posed in the following voluntary questionnaire are required under applicable laws and cannot be edited by PagerDuty. Although you may not see your identity reflected in the dropdown response options and feel unseen, you are encouraged to bring your full self as a candidate and a Dutonian.