Westerra Equipment, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for four years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
As we continue to grow, a number of new opportunities have become available for EquipmentSales Representatives to join our sales team in Lower Mainland (Vancouver and Fraser Valley). Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Representative will be self-motivated and will represent and market our Heavy Equipment brand lines to new and existing clients (mostly outside sales). We carry great brand lines such as Bobcat, Linde, Doosan, Clarke, Vermeer, Ammann, Konecranes, Sherilltree, and Trailtech and we serve a wide range of industries including Agriculture, Construction, Logistics, Forestry, and Landscaping.
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and are customer-focused, we would love to hear from you!
The position is available in different departments including material handling, compact construction, heavy construction, and rental.
- Actively pursue and seek out equipment, services, and support business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow-ups, and qualification of leads for equipment, rentals, service, and parts.
- Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry
- Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner
- Able to clearly articulate features, services, and benefits that are in line with customer needs
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand
- Successfully negotiate and close deals
- Utilize online resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files and sales activity information
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager.
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of client service
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in sales of construction, material handling equipment, rentals, technical sales or similar
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Knowledge of the sales process and proven decision making abilities
- Results driven
- Strong negotiation skills and high level of customer focus
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Requires a valid driver’s license
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.