Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215694
Cox Communications is searching for a Lead Business Analyst who will be responsible for supporting tool delivery for the Engineering Enablement Solutions (EES) Team. As part of Engineering Enablement, you will provide support that consults with internal customers and external vendors to capture agreed-upon business requirements and user stories. As a Sr. BA, you will perform research and conduct fact-finding to investigate potential solutions for development of tools for planning, execution, and change management for Engineering. You will be able to communicate current and future state processes, and their implications to technical and non-technical contributors to ensure that applications accurately meet business users goals. May produce online and hard copy documentation and training materials for software applications and develop and implement a documentation strategy leveraging new technologies to provide more targeted information more efficiently to users. May manage software applications training programs for user personnel.
You will coordinate with resources from the Business Process Optimization team, the Engineering Data & Analysis team, the Engineering Fulfillment team, the Change Management team, and other cross-functional Engineering teams located both at corporate and in the field. In addition, you will be responsible for building strong boundary partner relationships to ensure that hand-offs and dependencies beyond Engineering are vetted and included in any tool delivery.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Conducts business requirements reviews and documents logical statements of business requirements, functional requirements, and user stories
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends, best practices, vendor products, and services, etc.
- Presents recommendations to internal customers and Sr. leaders, analyzes and reviews data, resolves questions or problems, and may implement solutions
- Identifies/documents how applications/ systems interact to support business processes
- Monitors and works incoming support requests including but not limited to application trouble tickets, reporting trouble tickets, new development requests, and report requests
- Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
- Participates in software testing and debugging plans to ensure functionality and quality; creates detailed test plans and scripts based on functional requirements and executes test scripts using testing tools
- Will produce reports, analyze data and develop business cases as required
- Delivers training to a variety of audiences which demonstrates an understanding and application of adult learning principles; Develops and administers tools to measure the results of efforts; documents the value of services provided.
- Maintains and grooms the product and sprint backlog for prioritization for leadership and sprint planning of scrum teams
- Maintains and grooms the EES roadmap as needed
- Participates and/or holds regular status meetings, UAT and training calls with project team(s) and responsible for status updates
- Generally 8 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Program Management / Business Analyst / Project Management, etc.)
- Experience in telecommunications industry
- Strong collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders Exhibits the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with a proven ability to build strong relationships
- Analytical experience with knowledge of capital planning
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.